Safely delivered

When June 3rd knocked on Amelia's door she was excited, both about the prospect of having her baby with her at last and with the thought that this pregnancy was close to being over. She loved her baby with all her heart but by the time she was 40 weeks she couldn't even get up without someone's help.

She tried to be as active as she could in her situation, but not being able to even see her own feet she relied on her mother for almost everything. 

George was still very much active, having engagements and meetings every single day, and the Diamond Jubilee engagements in the first few days of June, which Amelia wanted to attend but would not even be able to get up to the carriage with the belly she had at the moment. And with 2012 being the Queen's Diamond Jubilee they would be visiting four countries in September, something that frightened Amelia since it would be only three months after she had given birth. But when duty called Amelia promptly answered.

Week 40 ended with the news that there were over 200 media-related people outside the Lindo Wing at St. Mary's Hospital, the place where Amelia would be arriving any day to give birth to her baby. 

Dr. Martin, Amelia's gynecologist, and the Queen's medical team were all on call, and on the night of June 9th, Amelia's last day of her 40th week, Dr. Martin called to know if everything was alright and promptly laughed when Amelia said she was ready for the baby to come out stating that "That is something all late and post-term mum's say", which didn't make Amelia feel any better.

However, in the very early hours of June 10th, the day after her due date, Amelia's 'big-boy' contractions, like her mother had called them, started, incapacitating her of sleeping for the rest of the night.

At 3:46 Dorothy decided to finally call Dr. Martin, while Amelia was going through another 'big-boy' contraction; when finally, at 4:02, Amelia's water broke. George, who had been awakened by his wife's heavy footsteps at 2 in the morning, was in a panic, and barely managed to get himself, and a few last-minute personal items of his wife's, ready.

Dorothy accompanied her daughter to the car, buckling her in and kissing her goodbye. Her only daughter was going to be a mother, and just the thought made Dorothy tear up.

With George behind the wheel and a black SUV behind them, the future family of three left for St. Mary's Hospital. Even though the roads were completely empty and the travel time was under eight minutes, for Amelia it felt like an eternity. Dr. Martin was waiting for them at the side door, already with a wheelchair and the full team that would be taking care of Amelia.

With George's help, Amelia changed into a hospital gown and gladly accepted the large birthing ball by the corner of the room. The midwife explained to Amelia that since she wasn't fully dilated they would have to wait but she hoped it wouldn't be very long since the water had already broken.

Various walks around the room and change of positions later Dr. Martin finally arrived back, with the news that it was time. Since day 1 Amelia decided she didn't want any type of medication unless it was extremely necessary, and after almost an hour of pushing there it was. Her Baby.

Kensington Palace announced earlier this morning that Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Clarence went into labor in the early hours of the morning and had traveled to the Lindo Wing, at St. Mary's Hospital with the Duke of Clarence.

Now, they just announced that Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Clarence was safely delivered of a daughter at 11.37 am. The Baby weighs 8lbs 4oz, and both Her Royal Highness and her child are doing well.