Trooping

"How are you, darling?"

Amelia tried to make her best curtsy while The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh made their way to where they were. Even after a few meetings with the Royal Couple Amelia still felt her knees weak when they approached her.

"Very well, Your Majesty. And you?"

"Good, good, I just hope it won't rain on us. It's always a challenge when it does."

"I'm going to get something to drink before we go, Lilibet." The Duke said, already leaving after one of the footmen.

"I need to talk to the Lord Chamberlain. Excuse me."

Another curtsy and she was once again alone with George, who seemed like he had just seen the funniest comedy show.

"Don't you dare laugh at me, George." She said pointing at her husband, she wasn't mad but she was definitely embarrassed.

"Would never..."

"Mel, George, how are my favourite Duke and Duchess?"

"Very well, Wills."

"Trying not to die." George murmured, which made his wife shot him a deadly look, to which William tried to contain his own laugh.

"I just came to say that Pa and Camilla would like to talk to the two of you, nothing serious, just ask how you've been and stuff."

"We were just going to see them. Come, George."

While Amelia made her way to the other side of the Drawing Room, where the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall were with the Duke of York, George quickly rushed after her, not wanting to make her even madder.

"Charles, Camilla, Andrew." Amelia said, smiling and doing a small curtsy, after all, she did not want to make another embarrassing curtsy like the one from a few minutes before.

"Oh, Amelia, darling. You look beautiful."

"Thank you, Camilla, so do you, and I love your hat."

"Pa, Camilla, Uncle, how are you?"

"Very well, George, we just wanted to know how the two of you are."

"We are good, it was good having those days for ourselves."

"So should we be expecting an announcement any time soon?" The Duke of York asked, making Amelia blush and George clear his throat.

"I don't believe so, Uncle, at least not so soon. We've been married for only two weeks."

"Well, your mother and I had been married for only two months when we announced we were expecting you."

"For God's sake, Pa, I don't need reminder of when I was conceived, William and Harry do that already."

Camilla and Amelia laughed seeing how embarrassed George was with his father's comment, but at least Amelia was relieved George didn't want children right away.

- - -

"You looked beautiful on that carriage, Bee." George said, kissing his wife's neck while she took her make-up off.

"And you looked beautiful in your uniform, even though I could barely see your eyes."

"Well, now you can see them." He said looking at her through the mirror while quickly blinking his eyes, which made his wife laugh. However, her laughter was interrupted by a passing thought. "What are you thinking?"

"I know we talked about how both of us want children, but we never talked about when."

"Is that what you are worried about?" He smiled and left a kiss on his wife's shoulder. "Of course I want children, and you know is one of the things my position demands, but we have time, and we are young."

Amelia finally released the air she was holding, very glad her husband understood her.

"And I want to have you all to myself so that we can spend as much time in our bedroom as we can."

"George..."

She tried to reprehend him but failed when he turned her around and started kissing her urgently, and she definitely did not reprehend him when he took her in his arms back to their bed.