Familial Arrangements

HIS ROYAL HIGHNESS PRINCE HENRY OF WALES

AND MS. MEGHAN MARKLE

ARE ENGAGED TO BE MARRIED

- - -

"Have you seen the news?" Josie asks, abruptly entering the duchess's office.

"What news, Josie?"

"Prince Henry of Wales and Ms. Meghan Markle are engaged to be married?"

"Oh, that..."

"No one decided to tell us?" The private secretary asks, sitting in front of the Duchess, annoyed.

"Buckingham Palace said that they would be calling before the announcement was made today. How long has it been?"

"Three minutes. What should we do? Rebecca is on her way, a few minutes from here."

"Don't we have a protocol for this? Kensingtonroyal posted a photo with the announcement. Just use the same photo, with their announcement and our congratulations."

"Okay, I will talk to Rebecca once she gets here. How do you want to address them?"

"Informally, Harry and Meghan." The Duchess says, looking for a paper in the pile on her desk.

"And how do you want to sing it?"

"Our names, Amelia and George. They are family, formalities are kept for the Sovereign, her consort, the heir and his consort."

"Yes, of course. Excuse me, ma'am."

- - -

@/clarenceroyal

We wish all the best to Harry and Meghan as they enter this new stage of their lives together. All the happiness in the world. G & A.

- - -

"What do you think about green? A light green, nothing too dark." Annabel asks, looking at a sample colour of a light green.

"For the decorations? Or the dresses?"

"Both, in some way. I was thinking of a green bow for the bridesmaids' dresses, and somewhere on the decorations for the reception. Nic and I, we do not want anything dark, only light colours."

"Then I think it is a good idea. Have you thought about how you will want the dress?"

"Yes, and the designer completely agrees. He says that an A-line will look beautiful." Annabel locks her iPad and gets up, standing next to her cousin. "We will have the bridesmaids and page boys fitting next week, during the afternoon. Anytime between 1 and 6."

"We will be there."

"Thank you. I need to go. The planner wants a meeting before we leave for the holidays. Love you."

After her cousin left and the Duchess was alone, with her youngest daughter asleep on her pram, her phone announced an incoming call, and her mother's name appeared on the screen.

"Millie, how do you do, dear?"

"I'm fine, mum, Annabel just left, we were discussing her wedding plans. And you?"

"I am well, thank you, dear. But I was on a call with Dominik."

"And that has something to do with me, I assume." The Duchess says, looking over the gardens of her home, and at the same time trying not to wake her daughter up.

"Yes, it has. Your cousin has expressed her wishes for the whole family to be there, since it is her special day, and that includes your brother."

"Annabel told me; you do not have to worry about us, mum, I know how to defend my family and my position if the occasion arises."

"I know you do, dear, but your father and I were thinking if you and your brother were able to spend a few days before the wedding together. To try to reconcile, or at least be on good enough terms so the wedding will run smoothly."

"I am not putting my children at risk, mother, not because they are royals, but because they are my children."

"And we understand, Amelia, but please, two days, not more than that. The children don't need to meet him, just spend these days with him."

"When and where."

"Here, after Mary's christening."

"Can it be before Christmas? We will be spending a few more days with Elizabeth and Philip, in Norfolk."

"Yes, of course, I will talk to Dominik." Mrs. Saunders ends the call, leaving the Duchess looking over her garden with her phone in hands.

"And I will talk to George."

- - -

"I do love your parents, Bee, but they think spending two days with your brother will end with his feelings towards us and my family?"

"I know it does not make much sense. But I am only doing this for Annabel and her wedding." The Duchess holds her husband's hand on the table. "It will be for two days, and mum and dad will be there all the time and my protection officers. And if I see that he will not change not even a little bit I will leave immediately."

"Are you sure? You do remember what he wrote in the newspapers right after Vicky was born."

"Yes, I do, Georgie, and that is why I am not taking the children." She says, caressing her husband's hand, trying to comfort him. "I will be fine, Georgie, there is nothing you need to worry about."