Arrival

@/clarenceroyal

HRH The Duchess of Clarence was admitted to St. Mary's Hospital late this previous night in the early stages of labour.

- - -

It was painful, to say the least, to watch your wife almost scream, in pain, for God knows how many hours. George had already lost count of the hours they were in that delivery room, the only thing he knew for sure is that they arrived at almost midnight, and since then he had not had time to check his watch once again.

He spent the early hours of the morning calling all the family members that should be informed about the labour, and of course, their private secretaries, who would prepare the announcement of the labour, and subsequently of the birth.

"George..."

"Yes, my love?"

"I'm tired, I can't do this anymore." The Duchess murmurs, half awake from both a sleepless night and of the pain she was feeling.

"Yes you can, and I will be here with you, always, forever. Just a few more minutes and we will have our baby with us."

"Georgie..."

"You are fully dilated, Your Royal Highness, on your next contraction I need you to push."

And so she did, trying to stay awake and give her best at the same time, and after almost two hours of sweat and tears the reward for all the hard work finally came in the form of a loud crying.

- - -

"Helle there, little baby."

The Duke smiled at his new baby, cooing over it, putting it to sleep as is wife took a trip to the loo, leaving father and offspring alone in the hospital bedroom.

"You have been much awaited, did you know?" 

The little baby yawns, making the father smile, holding back the tears he knew were going to come sometime. A sneeze, coming from the bathroom door opposite to where the duke and baby were standing, catches the attention of the royal, who looks over at his wife. 

The Duchess, who was now wearing a more casual maternity day dress was looking over her baby and husband with a smile, not regretting one bit all the pain she had gone through just a few hours before. 

"How long have you been there?" 

"Not long, I didn't want to interrupt such a cute moment." She leans over, looking as her husband puts their baby back in the hospital crib. "I love you and our babies so much, Georgie." 

As they exchange a tender kiss they could hear the not so distant screams from the crowds outside, finally learning of the arrival of the couple's new baby. 

"You know what that means, don't you?" The Duchess asks, half laughing, still with their tamples close and their noses barely touching. 

"I do. But I want to stay here with you two a little longer."

- - -

THE DUCHESS OF CLARENCE HAS BEEN DELIVERED OF A DAUGHTER

Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Clarence was safely delivered of a daughter at 10.56am.

The baby weighs 8lbs 5oz.

The Duke of Clarence was present for the birth.

The Queen, The Duke of Edinburgh, The Prince of Wales, The Duchess of Cornwall, The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Prince Harry and members of both families have been informed and are delighted with the news.

Her Royal Highness and her child are both doing well.

Notes to Editors:

1. The names of the baby will be announced in due course.

2. The baby is fifth in line of Succession after His Royal Highness The Prince of Wales, His Royal Highness The Duke of Clarence, Her Royal Highness Princess Victoria of Clarence and His Royal Highness Prince James of Clarence. She will be styled Her Royal Highness Princess [name] of Clarence.

3. A formal notice of the birth will be posted on the forecourt of Buckingham Palace this afternoon.

- - -

There is another princess in the world. The third child and second daughter of Their Royal Highnesses The Duke and Duchess of Clarence arrived at 10.56 this morning at the Lindo Wing of St. Mary's Hospital, in London.

The Princess, whose names have not been announced yet, is fifth in line to the throne, behind her grandfather, The Prince of Wales, her father, The Duke of Clarence, and her older siblings, Princess Victoria, 5, and Prince James, 2.

But what a lot of people are commenting about is the people mentioned on the birth announcement. The Queen, The Duke of Edinburgh, The Prince of Wales, The Duchess of Cornwall, The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry have all been named and is a well-known fact that the Duchess' parents and close family have never been mentioned. But what the people are saying is that Mia Saunders, The Duchess of Clarence, snubbed actress Meghan Markle, who has been dating Prince Harry for over a year now.

Experts say that Ms. Markle not being mentioned by name is a tradition and a rule for the Royal Family, that close royal family members to the parents and the sovereign are always mentioned. And since the Suits actress is only Prince Harry's girlfriend and not a member of the Family, but if she was already married to her boyfriend prince she would have been included.