State Dinner

The last week of October arrived with an early meeting at Buckingham Palace, this time with the whole family. The President of Indonesia and his wife would be arriving on the 31st, two days away and the last few arrangements were being made. And with the couple's successful visit the month before the Queen wanted to include them.

"At 9:15 Their Royal Highnesses the Duke and Duchess of Clarence will arrive at the Presidential couple's hotel, where they will meet on behalf of the Queen. The Duke and Duchess will travel to the Welcome Ceremony, and will come back here, to Buckingham Palace, where, after Her Majesty the Queen, His Royal Highness and the Presidential Couple arrive, a luncheon will be held and presents exchanged."

Amelia tried to keep her eyes open, as well as pay attention to every word that left the Lord Chamberlain's mouth, but she was tired from the rough night. She took a long sip from her tea, trying to catch and connect the words to what she remembered George telling her the day before.

The Duchess only really had three engagements on this State Visit, the welcome, the State Banquet, and the visit to the Royal Botanic Garden with Mrs. Yudhoyono.

"Since our last meeting the seating arrangements have changed, now the Duchess of Clarence will be seating next to the President, while the Duke will be seating next to the Princess Royal. If that is alright with Your Royal Highnesses."

Amelia felt the feeling of the lack of sleep disappear within a second of hearing those words. Not only they expected her to do everything right, but they also expected her to entertain the President for half of the dinner, which could last God knows how long. But from an early age, Amelia learned that is best to worry later, and if the Queen wants it this way who was she to say otherwise.

"Of course."

- - -

When the Duke helped his wife out of the car the wind was blowing, making the Duchess have to hold her hat in place. The first meeting with the couple had gone well, on the Duke and Duchess' eyes, and now they would watch as the couple met the Prime Minister and other important people and then the President would inspect the guard with The Duke.

The Clarences' left for Buckingham Palace on one of the carriages after the Queen and the President, where after the luncheon presents were exchanged.

- - -

Amelia smiled while her hairdresser pinned her wedding tiara on her hair. It was the second time she had seen the tiara since her wedding, the first one being at the wedding exhibition at BP and now this. She was very happy to be able to wear it again since it brought so many happy memories.

"You, sir, look devilishly handsome. Maybe even a little too much." The Duchess said, appreciating her husband on his tuxedo, honours, and medals.

"Well, I can say the same to you, ma'am. I am going to have to keep a watchful eye on the president."

"George, the President is 63."

"And?"

"Let us just go, yes?" Amelia says, containing her laugh and grabbing the train of her dress.