A Growing (Royal) Family

The Duchess of Clarence was wearing a light pink polka dot maternity dress as she stepped out just six hours after giving birth to the couple's third child. The little princess was wrapped in a white blanket to protect her from the chilly wind.

The Duke and Duchess stepped out for photographs and after almost five minutes they went back inside where, after a few more minutes, the Duke stepped out with his new daughter on her car seat, and holding hands with his wife, now wearing a maternity cream coat.

The Duke and Duchess are leaving the Lindo Wing with their daughter just two hours after the Duke brought Princess Victoria and Prince James to meet their new sister. Both children walking and holding hands with their father, the trio stopped on the steps of the Lindo Wing and smiled for photos, before heading inside, where they stayed for forty minutes.

- - -

"She is a beautiful babe indeed." The Queen almost whispers, trying not to wake her great-granddaughter from her beauty sleep. "My private secretary told me you would like to release a photograph together with the name announcement."

"Yes, we would, one of the family." The Duke says, rocking his daughter.

"It is a lovely idea."

- - -

"Yes, Your Royal Highnesses, lovely. Prince James, can you look at me, please? Yes, like that, perfect."

Tim Rooke, a royal photographer who had snapped pictures of various members of the Royal Family, had been selected to photograph the new family of five, and while one of the photographs would be released to the public in two days' time, the others, more casual photographs, would be added to the family's album.

The little princess was the sweetest and quietest baby from the three Clarence children, and she was very much loved by both her sister and brother, who were thrilled when the news they had a new baby sister arrived from their nanny.

The family would be spending November in London, and once the children's school terms were over they would be travelling to Norfolk. But for now, the centre of attention was the little baby.

- - -

THE DUKE AND DUCHESS OF CLARENCE NAME THEIR BABY

The Duke and Duchess of Clarence are delighted to announce that they have named their daughter Mary Frances Alexandra.

The baby will be known as Her Royal Highness Princess Mary of Clarence.