Another Royal Engagement

"Good morning..." George said, looking at his wife half-awake on their bed, while he walked out of the bathroom ready for another day.

"Did we have something important that I forgot?" Some stretches and some water Amelia was a little more awake. "What time is it?"

"6:45 in the morning."

"And why are you awake?"

"Wills called late last night saying that he had an announcement to make. Then Granny called, well her assistant called, and said that she wanted to have breakfast with her three grandsons and Pa." He said, putting on his watch.

"Well, good luck, I will go back to sleep, it's too early for me." She said laying back on the bed, making her husband laugh.

"Sleep well, Bee." He said kissing her forehead and then walking out of the bedroom.

- - -

Amelia was finishing another speech for one of her visits the next week when her phone started ringing. A few seconds later it stopped only to start screaming again a few seconds later; she took a deep breath and got up, accepting defeat and discovering the two missed calls and at least fifteen messages from her husband.

She waited a few minutes and like it was planned his name appeared on her screen once more; this time she didn't make him wait and picked it up.

"What happened?"

"Good morning, love, how is everything at home?"

"Everything is fine, George, but why did you need to call me three times? What happen?"

"Nothing happened, I will be home in a few minutes. I just wanted to tell you before I got there that Wills, Catherine, and Harry will be coming over for lunch later today."

"And you tell me that just now, why? Honestly, George, I've told you to tell me these things the day before, not the hour before."

"I'm sorry, but I just got out of a meeting with Father."

"Fine, but I'll need you to go to the supermarket for me, I'll send you the list in a few minutes."

- - -

"They are here." George says, peeking his head inside his wife's closet where she was changing to a more presentable dress.

"Go downstairs and welcome them, George. I'll be down in a few seconds."

A few changes of pumps and putting her hair up later, the Duchess was ready and made her way downstairs, entering one of the drawing rooms where the three guests were waiting.

"I'm so sorry I'm late."

"No problem. How are you, Millie?" Prince William says, hugging his sister-in-law.

The prince is followed by his younger brother, Harry, and then Catherine, who seemed more nervous than usual.

"How are you?"

"Fine, excited."

"So, um, I don't think George told you, and I asked him not to. But, uhm..." Wills seemed to think through what he was saying, or about to say. "Well, Catherine and I are getting married."

"Oh my God! Congratulations! Finally!" Amelia said, hugging once again Catherine and then William. "Do you know when you're announcing?"

"November 16th."

"That's why the meeting ran late, we were discussing how everything would work out."

"And the ring?" Amelia asked, looking at Catherine's hands and not seeing anything.

"It's at the jewelers, it was a little too big."

William didn't need to say a word about which ring it was, it was obvious it was Princess Diana's, and Amelia was happy Catherine would be wearing her mother-in-law's ring. Actually, she would be happy if any of the wives of William or Harry would wear the Sapphire ring.

Amelia still remembered right after her engagement to George, he asked her if she would be upset if the Sapphire ring wouldn't be her engagement ring, and she wasn't. Yes, she wanted her late mother-in-law to be a part of their lives through her ring, but she didn't want to be compared to her because she was wearing her ring. And she was very happy with her diamonds since she didn't think Sapphire would look good on her all the time.

"We have to meet to talk about the wedding. Do you have any idea when you want it?"

"We were thinking about Spring or Summer. But there's nothing set yet."

"That's soon, you'll need to start thinking about the dress, in my opinion, is one of the things that takes the longest. And with the necessary approval from the Queen, it can take a while." Amelia says, and then remembers why they were here. Lunch. "If you want to go into the dining room, I'll just bring lunch.

"Do you want help?" Catherine asked, which made Amelia smile.

"If you don't mind, thank you. George, can you please finish setting the table?"

- - -

"What time is it?"

"1, why?" George asks, taking a sip of his tea and looking at his wife. "Oh right, the announcement. Any time now, Bee."

Amelia sat back down on the sofa on George's office and took her phone out of her pocket, opening twitter once again, to finally see a new tweet by Clarence House.

"It's here! Oh my God, it's happening!"

"Can you read it for me?"

"His Royal Highness Prince William of Wales and Miss Catherine Middleton are engaged to be married! I need to call Catherine!"

"Maybe wait a bit, Bee, she will probably be receiving a lot of calls from other people that didn't know."

"You know, you, Mr. George, can be very boring sometimes." Amelia says, seating at the end of George's desk.

"Really? I swear you didn't think that last night."

"That is not fair, Mr. George."

"Let us see what is fair, Mrs. Bee." The Duke said, pulling his wife to him, kissing her warmly.