Trooping Debut

Trooping the Colour arrived the day before Prince Philip and Vicky's birthday, to which they would be having a birthday party for their oldest daughter's happy day when all her friends and close family would be invited.

However, the day in which the country celebrated The Queen's birthday was also a big day for the almost six-year-old. Princess Victoria of Clarence, the future Queen, was making her debut at the carriage procession, in which she would be riding next to her mother and step-grandmother.

"Are you excited, Vicky?"

The Duchesses of Cornwall, Cambridge and Sussex, and of course Clarence, were all gathered in the main entry at Buckingham Palace, where they waited for the arrival of their carriages. Catherine was probably the most excited for the young princess, who was holding tight to her mother's hand while the Duchess of Clarence fixed her daughter's bow.

"A little."

"From the carriages you can see everything and everyone."

"Really?" The Princess looked over at the still distant sound of horses while displaying a smile to her aunt.

The Dukes of Cambridge and Sussex stop beside their wives, also looking over at the arriving carriages; the two princes, together with their wives, would be sharing the carriage that would follow the two future Queen Consorts and the one future Queen regnant.

"Mummy..."

"Yes, sweet?" The Duchess lowers herself to face her daughter's eyes.

"I'm nervous."

"There is no need to be, sweet, mummy and Milla will be right beside you." The Duchess puts a string of her daughter's hair behind her ear and smiles at her daughter, as the carriages stop at the entrances and the other royals make their ways to their respective carriages. "Do you think you can come with mummy on the carriage or would you prefer to stay here?"

"I want to go with you, mummy."

"That's my baby."

With help from the chauffeur, the princess gets up on the carriage, sitting in front of her step-grandmother and, a few seconds later, in front of her mother.

To say the princess liked both the carriage procession, where she was able to see the sea of people on the streets, and the parade itself, was an understatement, and was even happier when she was able to spot, with the help of her mother, her father in the sea of uniformed soldiers.

Back at Buckingham Palace, after the Queen arrived and before the family stepped out on the balcony, Her Majesty and Prince Charles stopped to talk to the Clarences.

"How have you enjoyed the carriage ride, Vicky?"

"Very much, Grammy." The Princess says, jumping up and down while holding her father's hand.

"I am very glad to hear, dear."

"And you Jamie, did you enjoy the games I left you?" The Queen asks, looking down at her great-grandson, who was entertained with his booklet of the planes of the procession.

"Yes!" The Prince almost screams, unable to contain himself and keep still.

"Very good."

On the balcony the Duke and Duchess of Clarence stood next to the Princess Royal and her husband so that the children would be able to have a clear view of the celebrations and also for the public to be able to view the family.

And as they left the balcony Amelia couldn't contain her laughter as her eldest child stopped mid-exit and waved back at the people, who went absolutely mental with the young princess's sweet gesture.