Cherry Blossoms

"Vicky please, I need to finish your hair before I leave."

"Sorry mummy."

The last adjustments on her daughter's hair flowers and her son's uniform and the family were on their way down to the main entrance of Windsor.

"Look how beautiful you two look." The Duchess of Cambridge says, smiling at the Clarence children.

"Now, mummy needs to go. But I will see you two at the Chapel, okay?" The Duchess kisses her children one last time, before getting up and facing her sister-in-law once again.

"Don't worry, I will take good care of them, and Maria is going to be there."

"I know you will, and Maria and Harriet are already at the Chapel, waiting for them."

"Come, Vicky, Jamie. George and Charlotte are waiting for you at the drawing-room."

The Duke and Duchess were the last ones of the immediate family, before the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall, the groom and his best man and of course The Queen and Prince Philip, to arrive at the Chapel, almost immediately after the Duke of York and his daughters.

They were shown to their seats and, leaving the seat between her and the Duke of York for her sister-in-law, the Duchess greeted her family members and a few known people from the bride's side of the chapel.

"Good morning."

"Good morning. And let me say, I love your headband."

"Thank you, Bea. I love your look."

"Did you see?" The Countess of Wessex asks after Amelia turns around to greet them.

"No, what?"

"She has all the elite of Hollywood on her side, but no family."

"I expected her to invite her half-siblings, to be cordial, you know." Princess Beatrice whispers back, discreetly looking over at the other side of the chapel. 

"So did I, but apparently not." The two smile towards the groom and Prince William, who take their seats next to the altar. "Do you think she will be wearing the Spencer?"

"I don't know, I guess it is a possibility. It would be a treat for the media, to compare Catherine and me to Meghan, and all of that."

"Good morning." The Prince of Wales greets his family, after the Duchess of Cornwall seats next to her step-son and greets the Clarences with a smile and hellos.

"Amelia, let me just say you look beautiful in blue."

"Thank you, Camilla, and you look beautiful in pink."

"And are those cherry blossoms in your dress?"

"Yes, white cherry blossoms."

"It is a beautiful dress, and with the green accessories too. You look lovely dear."

"Thank you very much, Camilla, I must say I was quite worried about the combination when Eira told me two weeks ago, but now I just love it."

The Duchess looked over at her husband's watch, seeing it was around the time The Queen and Prince Philip would be arriving, and so she decided to keep the chit chat just with her husband, who was clearly uncomfortable with the Hollywood elite's eyes over him and his family.

When the fanfare started and everyone stood up, awaiting Her Majesty's arrival, Amelia smiled at her grandmother-in-law, who made her way to the seats behind them. And almost immediately after there were screams and cheers at the main entrance of the Chapel, announcing the children's arrivals, and following it more cheers, announcing the bride's arrival.

While the procession made their way down to the altar Amelia smiled at her sister-in-law, making space for her to sit next to her before the bride arrived at her final destination.

- - -

After the ceremony, when the groom and bride were led to another room with Prince Charles and Meghan's mother to sign the official papers, Amelia smiled at her husband, seating back down so that her feet would not get so sore.

"Do you remember when we did all of this?" The Duke whispers to his wife, discreetly holding her hand next to his leg.

"I do, and I also remember how anxious you were to get all of this over with."

"I hadn't seen you for almost two days, Bee, you have to understand how I was feeling as well. And seeing you in your dress and not being able to hug you was a terrifying experience."

"Oh don't be dramatic, Georgie, it was not that bad." Amelia and the Duke smiled at Prince Charles, who sat back down next to Prince William and the Duchess of Cornwall. "But I must admit it was very hard not touching you in your uniform; I always said how handsome you looked in uniform."

"Then I will wear it more often, to please my beautiful wife."

"You are always beautiful, Georgie, with or without uniform." The Duchess tightened her grip one last time before letting go of her husband's hand, and getting up with the rest of the guests, as everyone prepared to sing the national anthem one last time. "I love you so much, Georgie."

And as if perfectly timed the fanfare started, stopping the Duke of saying anything to his wife, which just made her smile.

"Mummy," Victoria says, grabbing her mother's hand as the family made their way back up to the main door of the Chapel, with George holding James' hand and William and Catherine with their two eldest children behind them, and of course with Prince Charles and Camilla as well as Meghan's mother in front of them.

As they said farewell to the newlyweds, Amelia couldn't contain her smile, as she remembered her own wedding day almost eight years ago in a few days, and how far she had gotten.

She now had her own small but very happy family, her husband's family was growing and would grow even more, and she was with each day preparing both herself and her children for their future roles. And she couldn't be happier.