Big Sister

"Who is excited to go to school?" The Duchess asked her daughter, closing her trainers and coat.

"Me! Mummy, Jane come?"

"Yes, but she will have to stay in the car. Go get her."

With difficulty, Amelia got up and felt her baby bump get hard, at the same time she heard a noise of something hitting the floor. Her first instinct was to check on her daughter but when she noticed her dress was wet she knew exactly what was happening.

"Mummy?"

"Vicky, sweet, can you go call Nanny Harriet for mummy, please?"

"But school?"

"We are going in a minute, sweet, just can you go get Nanny Harriet for mummy?"

The toddler was clueless about what was happening and had barely noticed the puddle on her mothers' feet.

"Ma'am?" It took a minute for Nanny Harriet to notice what was happening, but when she did she helped her boss get to the other room while keeping an eye on the princess.

"Please, go get my husband. He is in his study, please Harriet."

The duchess felt her belly get hard once again, but she wasn't feeling any pain, she was just uncomfortable. And so was Victoria, who didn't understand why the attention suddenly turned to her mother.

"Mummy..." The toddler was about to cry, she was about to cry her eyes out. But before she could start screaming Amelia picked her daughter up and seated her on her lap, trying to accommodate both the big bump and Victoria.

"Bee?" Her husband arrived accompanied by two security guards and Harriet, both of them still in shock.

"Harriet is going to have to do the school run today. Baby decided to arrive earlier than expected." Amelia turned to her daughter, who was still on the verge of tears and smiled. "Can you be a good girl for mummy and follow Nanny Harriet to school today?"

"But mummy..."

"I know sweet, but your baby sibling wants to meet you very much. Now, go with Nanny Harriet and soon enough we'll be together again, okay?"

"Okay."

"Give mummy and daddy a kiss."

After goodbyes and kisses, they were alone in the room, now with the little princess on her way to school.

"Call Dr. Martin, George. Tell her my water broke a few minutes ago."

The baby was due in almost two weeks, everything was ready but the parents had not expected to be heading to the Lindo Wing so soon. George had only become an uncle of two a week or so before and now they would become parents of two.

Amelia's' water broke a few minutes after 8 in the morning but her contractions only started to get bad around ten, and they decided to head onto hospital close to eleven, after deciding that Amelia would not be able to wait for Victoria to come back from school before going into hospital.

Once again they arrived at the Lindo Wing through a side door at the same time an announcement was being made by Kensington Palace stating that the duchess had gone into labour and was admitted into hospital.

Differently from Victorias' birth, Amelia was calm and somewhat relaxed. She knew there was the world's press waiting outside and after Princess Charlottes' birth only a week before there would be a lot of expectation. Would Princess Victoria be having a baby brother or sister? Would the Queen be getting a great-grandson or great-granddaughter?

But like with Victoria they had to wait a few hours to find out, and when the clocks around London were announcing that it was the middle of the afternoon the future parents of two got a very important visit, one that would be staying with them forever.

THE DUCHESS OF CLARENCE HAS BEEN

DELIVERED OF A SON

Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Clarence was safely delivered of a son at 3.35pm.

The baby weighs 8lbs 1oz.

The Duke of Clarence was present for the birth.

The Queen, The Duke of Edinburgh, The Prince of Wales, The Duchess of Cornwall, The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Prince Harry and members of both families have been informed and are delighted with the news.

The Duchess of Clarence and her child are both doing well.

It's a boy, we're being told. A boy born at 3.35pm, so a few hours ago, weighing 8lbs 1oz. The Duke of Clarence was present for the birth and both mum and baby are doing well.

It is also reported that the Duke of Clarence will be leaving St. Mary's to pick up Princess Victoria to meet her baby brother before it gets too dark, and we are also expecting that the Duchess will be spending the night in hospital and will be receiving more visitors tomorrow morning.

The name guesses for the new Prince of Clarence are arrving, with Philip, Albert and Charles leading the way, but not too far behind there is some wild cards, like Oscar, Daniel and Francesco. 

However, this are just guesses and we will have to wait a little bit longer to know what are the names of the new Prince of Clarence.