Chapter 40

*Paola's POV*

We walked in and immediately spotted Jennifer on her phone. I was really nervous. I could feel my hands were getting sweaty.

I wanted to stop holding Geoffrey's hand but he tighten his hold. I looked up to meet his shinny brown eyes to assure me everything was fine.

As we got closer, Geoffrey interrupted Jennifer and greeted her. She said hi back and looked at our intertwined hands.

I looked down because I know she doesn't like me. I really want to try and be friends with her. She is always with Geoffrey so I bet I'm going to see her often.

I felt Geoffrey moving his thumb to my knuckles and started rubbing them. I looked up again and saw him with the most beautiful warm smile I've seen.

"Hola Jennifer" I wanted to let her know I would love to be friends with her.

"Hola." She gave me a forced smile and turned to Geoffrey. "We are leaving in 10 minutes." With that she turned her heel and left. We saw her walk away and Geoffrey let go of my hand to put his around my back.

I would lie if I said I didn't feel bad. I felt like I was not welcomed, like if I was some stranger that everyone wants out of their house. Maybe coming with Geoffrey wasn't a good idea after all. I don't want him to get mad at his publicist because of me.

*Geoffrey's POV*

Jennifer was being extremely rude to Paola. She is always so professional, I don't know why she is acting this way. I get that she thinks this is not a good idea or that we are moving quick, but she doesn't have to treat Paola like this. She doesn't deserve it. Paola is only trying to be nice and friendly, something apparently Jennifer can't do.

"Come on." I hugged Paola and we made our way to our seats.

----

We got to my beautiful country in a short period of time. The flight was pretty short or maybe it was because Paola and I talked the whole time.

She kept telling me about her family and some stories that were interesting and funny.

I spotted Jennifer giving us weird and annoyed looks when we couldn't stop laughing. That only made us laugh even more, which I'm guessing made Jennifer more annoyed.

We walked in our luxurious hotel lobby and Jennifer went to get our room keys.

"So... I was thinking maybe we can go walk around." I grabbed Paola's hands in mine and smiled big so that she would say yes.

"Hmm I don't know it's late and don't you have to wake up early tomorrow?"

"I do but I want to have some time with you." She smiled and I placed a kiss on her forehead.

We heard footsteps approaching and that was my cue to turn to see Jennifer walking to us.

"Here is your key Paola and yours Geoffrey-"

"Oh we all have separate rooms?" I asked. I wasn't surprised I was just trying to light up the tension between us. I turned to see my wonderful girlfriend blushing.

"No. We do not. We all have separate rooms." Jennifer looked really pissed so my joke didn't work. Maybe I should talk to her before I take Paola to the beach. "The rooms are kind of connected, yours is the one in the middle." She told me and I looked at Paola.

She saw that I was staring at her so she looked at me. I gave her a seductive smirk which caused her to look down.

"Geoffrey." Jennifer said with a warningly and tired voice. I looked at Jennifer one more time. "We have to be at the radio station at 7, after that we can go eat breakfast. See you tomorrow."