Izuku?

Warning: I am very sorry for the moments coming up. I may have cried when I read over this chapter. So be warned.

Izuku's pov

'Why did I say I was going to think about Uncle Toshi's offer for One for All, of course I want it,' I thought. "Hey Zuku, do you mind if I get some clothes from my dad's house and stay at your house for a while," Sho said snapping me out of my thoughts. "O-oh yeah, just come over when you get them," I said walking towards my house, and away from Sho.

I turned the corner into my alleyway to be met with my father. "F-father," I said in disbelief. "Yeah it's me you ungrateful brat," my father said reaching for the gun in his pocket. "Now come with me and you won't get hurt that badly," father said pointing the gun at me. "A-and if I say no?" I asked, trembling. "Then you die. So what will it be?" father said.

I stayed there silent, remembering all the bad things that had happened to me. I opened my mouth to answer only for a gunshot to ring out.

Todoroki's pov

I had a bad feeling about Zuku so a quarter of the way to my father's house I turned around and started speed walking to Zuku's house. About half of the way there I heard a gunshot and that set me off. I started to book it to Zuku's house hoping that Zuku wasn't shot.

I turned into Zuku's alleyway to be met with my greatest fear. Zuku was on the ground covered in blood and a bullet wound in his chest. "Zuku, can you hear me," I said while lightly tapping his face. Zuku nodded slowly before closing his eyes.

"No no no no no, Zuku hang on," I slightly yelled while grabbing his phone. Times like these I'm glad that I knew his password. I quickly unlocked his phone and quickly contacted the first person he had in his contacts.

The phone rang a couple of times before someone picked up. "Hell-" "yes hello, now Aizawa sensei I need your help Zuku was shot in the chest and he's losing blood fast," I quickly interrupted. "Oh god Todoroki where are you?" Aizawa asked, worried. "In front of his house, now please hurry up," I said

"I'm coming, try to keep him awake," Aizawa said, hanging up. "It's hot but it's also cold," Zuku slurred slowly. "Zuku just hang in there, the paramedics are on their way," I said quickly. We could faintly hear the sirens after a couple of seconds. "S-sho I'm tried," Zuku slurred, trying to rub his eyes. "No stay awake for me Zuku, I need you to stay alive for me," partly yelled with tears in my eyes.

The paramedics quickly took Zuku to the hospital in the ambulance, while Aizawa sensei had to hold me back. "H-how could this happen, I couldn't even protect my own friend," I cried, crumbling down in front of Zuku's house. "It's not your fault, you couldn't have known this was going to happen," Aizawa sensei reassured.

"Yeah but we should have known that his so-called father would be after him," Bakugou growled turning into the alley. Zuku's little kitten came out of his house and rubbed itself against my leg. I stood up and picked the kitten up, turning to look at Bakugou and Aizawa sensei. "I'm going to the hospital to see if Zuku is going to be ok," I said, and then ran out of the alleyway.

It felt like forever before I got the stupid hospital, but when I got there I went imediatly to the receptionist. "Miss I'm here for Izuku Midoriya," I quickly said. "Oh he was rushed into immediate surgery, but we will call you when he can be seen," the receptionist said.

___timeskip___

"H-how long has it been?" I asked Aizawa sensei. "A-around 4 hours," Aizawa sensei responded worried. "What if Zuku dies because of Hisashit?" I asked, clearly sleep deprived. "A-ah Todoroki don't think like that," Aizawa sensei said. I could sense the pity in his voice, he talked to me like my cat just died, and that makes me sick.

"A-ah I'm going to the bathroom," I said standing up and handing the kitten to Aizawa. "Is anyone here for Izuku Midoriya?" A nurse asked. "Y-yeah that would be me," I responded quickly, taking the kitten back and running up to the nurse.

The nurse led me to Zuku's room very slowly. "I just want to tell you that your friend is still on anesthesia so be careful with him," the nurse said. I nodded and walked into the room with Aizawa sensei behind me.

"Zuku," I whispered to myself when I saw all of the medical stuff attached to him. "Hi Sho, Aizawa and, Yao," Zuku giggled when he saw all of us. "Did I mention that there is only a 10% chance that Izuku will live," the nurse said walking in and ruining the moment. I looked at her and gave her a glare, and it seemed like it worked because she quickly walked out of the room.

"Hehehe ten is a small number," Zuku giggled, delirious. "Y-yeah but that means you might not live," I said quietly while I went and sat in a chair next to Zuku. "Hey problem child how are you feeling?" Aizawa sensei asked. "Y-yeah I feel like I had a bunch of catnip," Zuku answers in the most cat-like way.

"Hey Sho can you stay with me forever," Zuku mewed in a loving manner. "A-Ah w-well I could stay here tonight, I guess," I stuttered, trying to hide my blush.

___about a week later___

"Hey Zuku I brought some cat treats for you," I said, walking into the room. "Thanks, I was feeling pretty bad today, but now you're here," Zuku said, still laying down on the hospital bed. Zuku coughed once then there was the worst sound ever.There were two slow beeps and then one long beep.

The heart rate monitor went flat.

( 975 words )