Bakeneko

Warning: good things may or may not happen.

3rd pov

Nurses rushed into the hospital room and pushed Todoroki out. Todoroki quickly opened up the classes group to tell them what was happening.

Dumb group chat

Lukewarm: guys I need you to come to the hospital right now

Bomberanian: Why what happened to Izu

Pikachu: yeah what happened

Lukewarm: I will explain to everyone when all of you guys get here

Todoroki turned off his phone and waited impatiently outside of the room. The class ran up to Todoroki and started to ask questions. "Todobroki what happened," Kirishima asked, worried. "Z-zuku might have died," Todoroki responded just loudly for everyone to hear. "E-eh what do you mean Izu might have died?" Bakugou asked, angrily. "You know what I mean, Zuku died. His heart rate monitor went flat. H-he's just not with us anymore," Todoroki partly yelled with tears in his eyes.

The whole class looked at the floor quietly. "So what are-" Momo started just to be interrupted by a scream.

What's happening to Izuku you ask? Why don't we find out.

___In Izuku's mind___

Izuku woke up in the same dark place he did when he met Inari. 'Ah I'm back here,' Izuku thought. "Welcome back my little kit," Inari said, picking up Izuku by the back of his kimono. "H-hi Inari. Do you know why I am back here?" Izuku asked. "Yeah, when you came here before you only came here because of a near death experience but now, how do I put this, well lets just say you may or may not be dead," Inari explained.

"What, how could I die? This has to be a joke," Izuku said, surprised. "Nope, this is no joke, you're my kit now," Inari said with a smile on her face. Izuku quickly bit Inari's hand so she dropped him. "How dare you, you little bakeneko," Inari said holding her hand.

"W-what's a bakeneko?" Izuku asked, confused. "Looks like it's already working," Inari said, pointing at the now three tail Izuku had. "Woah so like a kitsune, but instead of a fox a cat," Izuku wondered out loud. "Yep exactly, and if you supposedly lived you would have up to seven tails like a normal bakeneko," Inari explained.

Izuku smirked and started to think. 'So if I convince that dumb goddess to make me live I could have seven tails,' Izuku thought sinesterly. "So Inari can I please stay alive," Izuku asked with his ears drooped down and his, now four, tails swishing behind him. "T-tch, don't try to act cute little bakeneko I won't let you live," Inari said looking away.

"You know if you don't let me live, all of the readers and the whole fandom will break the fourth wall and kill you. They also might kill the author," Izuku said innocently. "W-what?" Inari asked, confused.

"Nothing, but if you send me back I'll come here in my dreams regularly so you're not lonely," Izuku negotiated, twiddling with his, now six, tails. "E-eh who told you I was lonely?" Inari asked, embarrassed. "No one, but I could tell how you wanted me to stay here," Izuku replied. "F-fine but I can't do anything about your seven tails," Inari said, disappointed.

"No it's ok, I kinda like these tails, now throw that water ball at me," Izuku responded, closing his eyes.

Izuku's pov

I opened my eyes due to a bunch of nurses screaming. "GUYS HE'S ALIVE," one of the nurses yelled. "Oh my god he's alive," another nurse said, leaning over me. "Mhm yeah, what happened," I asked, trying not to act like I already knew what was happening. "Well see you died, after us trying to revive you there was a flash and you awoke," the doctor explained, helping me sit up.

"Woah I have seven tails now," I said, trying to act surprised. "Yes that is another thing, but you still have that one burnt tail," the doctor said. "Mhm, can I see da- I mean Aizawa?" I asked. "Yeah sure, then you can have privacy with him," the doctor said before walking out of the room with his nurses.

Aizawa walked in the room a couple seconds later and sat in a chair next to me. "Hi Aizawa how are you?" I asked. "First of all call me dad and second, don't act like you just didn't die and grew six extra tails," dad responded. "Yeah, yeah dad, but other than the dying you could say today was purrfect," I chuckled. "Shut up problem child," Aizawa said while chuckling at my pun.

"Mind if I get the class, you gave them quite the scare you know?" dad asked. "Yeah sure I can't wait to show them my new features to them," I said excitedly. Dad walked out of the room and headed the class in the room.

"Hi guys, did you know I almost died?" I asked with all of my tails swishing behind me. "Tch of course but don't scare us like that again," Kacchan said, ruffling my hair. "Looks like someone has more tails," Kirishima said. "Yeah now I have seven tails," I said showing them off. "Dude are you a zombie because you died and then came back to life?" Kaminari asked.

Everyone looked at kaminari and then burst out laughing. "Hey don't laugh," Kaminari whined. "W-well Zuku could kinda be like a zombie, but the seven tails remind me of a bakeneko, which is a cat spirit or yokai," Sho explained.

"Dude he's a yokai, wait yokai eat people, please don't eat me I taste terrible," Kaminari said. "Uh Kaminari, he's not a yokai. I can touch him," Jiro said, patting me on the head. "Stop trying to prove me wrong," Kaminari whined. "C-can I get out of here I'm kinda bored of staying in the hospital and I need to train for the sports festival," I said entering the conversation.

"Yeah sure let me go ask if you can be discharged but you're going to live with me," dad said before walking out of the hospital room. "Can I touch your ears Izu?" Kacchan asked after dad walked out.

 "Can I touch your ears Izu?" Kacchan asked after dad walked out

(^^ Izuku looks like this in his kitten form now )

( 995 words )