A Child

Izuku's pov

I was walking towards the grocery store to buy more fish when a little girl ran out of an alleyway and bumped into me. "A-are you ok?" I asked, worried. "P-please help me, he's going to hurt me," the little girl said. It was a sad sight before me, here was this girl, with her arms and legs wrapped in bandages, scared to death of someone. "Shhh it's ok," I comforted, picking her up.

"Ahh, Eri don't bother strangers like that," A man with a bird mask said walking out of the alley. I guess this was who scared her so bad, because when she heard his voice she tensed up. "Sir, who are you?" I asked, holding the girl, who was named Eri, close to me. "Tch, just give me my kid," the man ordered.

"H-how 'bout no," I said before changing Eri into a wolf pup, and transforming into a wolf. "Just give me my kid," the man ordered, once again. "Nope," I said, while holding Eri by the scruff of her neck and running away. I looked behind us to see if the man was chasing us, and he was. "Goddamn it I just want to get him off of our tails," I growled. I started to hear Eri whimper, probably out of fear. "It's ok, I'll protect you," I said softly, turning into an alley.

"Come out, come out wherever you are," the man said, creeply. I put Eri down and looked her in the face. "Eri I need you to stay here while I get rid of that bad man," I said, shifting into a kitten. I walked out of the darkness so I could be seen by the masked man.

"Ha you think a kitten could beat me," the man said, taking one of his gloves off. 'Hm, so his quirk has something to do with his hands," I observed. "Yep this little kitten is going to be in your nightmares. I lunged myself at the masked man and headbutted him in the balls. "Ha that's what you get," I chuckled, as he fell to the ground in pain.I shifted back into my human form and picked Eri back up. I transformed Eri back into a human and ran as fast as my legs could take me to dad's house.

I barged into dad's house and ran up to him. "What now problem child, and whats with the fucking child," dad groned. "Watch your fucking language in front of this fucking child, and also I may have just fought a villain and saved her," I said. Eri started crying at me and dad, well you know, cursing and talking about the bad man. "It's ok the bad man won't hurt you anymore while you're here with me," I quietly said, holding her like a baby.

Not long after Eri fell asleep and me and dad moved to the couch so we could talk. I explained that when I was going to get food Eri bumped into me and this guy, with a bird mask and white gloves, was following her. I then went on to explain how I used a cheap trick to slow the villain down.

"Oh my fucking god might, why does every bad thing have to revolve around you!" dad exclaimed. "Well it's not my fault I'm the main character," I retorted, a little hurt. "Mr. Kitty are you and the hobo fighting?" a little voice asked. "U-uh no, we just decided that you will be staying with me though," I said, changing the subject.

"Oh my god, is that a kid!" papa gasped, running over to me. Eri's etes filled with tears and she started to shake. "It's ok Eri he won't hurt you, and you papa don't be loud she already has gone through a lot," I said directing my attention to papa. "Well anyways I'm going back home," I said, holding Eri, standing up, and walking out of dad's house.

"I'm going to transform you into a kitten ok," I said when we got to my house. Eri nodded while I transformed her into a kitten. I shifted into a kitten and opened the little door allowing Eri to walk into my house. "Yao I'm home and you have someone to meet," I announced, closing the door behind us.

Yao quickly ran down the stairs and started to 'judge' Eri. "Yep she's ok to stay here," Yao said before running back up the stairs. "What did the kitty say Mr. Kitty?" Eri asked. "Oh she just said that you could stay, even though her opinion doesn't matter, and just call me Izuku, or any nickname you want," I responded. "Oh, the I'll call you Izu-chan," Eri said, looking around the room

I showed Eri around the house and then we laid down and slept peacefully, at least I wished that happened.

Eri's pov

I constantly had nightmares, or night terrors as Izu-chan called them, all night. "Eri it's ok the bad man won't get you," Izu-chan said, trying to calm me down for the fifth time that night. "B-but he said he's going to get me back," I cried out, hanging on to Izu-chan's tails.

I must have fallen asleep a while later because Izu-chan was shaking me. "Eri I have to go to school today and I can't leave you alone," Izu-chan whined. I chuckled a bit showing that I was awake. Izu picked me up and took me down stairs. "Fine if you won't get up I carrying you all the way there like a baby,"

Izu-chan took us outside and like he said carried me all the way to his school in our normal forms. He put me down while we were outside of the gates and held my hand as we walked into the school. "Just so you know my friends are a bit crazy, so if they scare you just tell me," Izu-chan said, opening a big door.

"Awww who is this," a girl with pink skin and yellow horns said as he ran up to me. "H-hi I'm E-Eri," I muttered, hiding behind Izu-chan's legs. "Tch, you're scaring the kid," a boy with ash blond hair said. He quickly picked me up without any warning and took me to his seat. Izu-chan sat down after he sat down. My eyes filled with tears as he held me roughly.

"You're not holding her correctly," Izu-chan said, before taking me away from the blond boy. "There, there, don't worry I'm here," Izu-chan said softly, while he patted the back of my head. I snuggled my face into Izu-chan's chest taking in his heat.

"Thanks dad," I said quietly, before falling asleep.

( 1101 words )