3~ The Death Plan

“Love is when the other person’s happiness is more important than your own

“Love is when the other person’s happiness is more important than your own.” – H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

_________________________________

Niccole's POV

"Oh, Narlia..." the tears at once started spilling from both her eyes and mine, as we move into each other's arms, holding one another close tight, grieving for the years we'd lost between us. We'd mourned our parents before, but now, we were going to mourn ourselves.

I wondered if I was ever going to forgive myself. I wasn't around, when my sister truly needed me. What sort of sister did that make me? I pushed my own sister to drugs. I was the reason why Bonnie would not be able to have a lifetime with a mom who cared for her and loved her.

"Narlia, I'm sorry. God, I'm so sorry. It's all my fault. I caused this. I can fix it. Please tell me what to do? How can I fix it? Please God no, I just go you, I can't loose you again. We can fight this together. We'll go to better doctors. I'll fly the best leukemia consultant, whoever he is, from wherever he is,to come check you..."

"Stop. Stop Nicole. Don't blame yourself for this. Listen to me, it's not your fault. Let it go. You are a wonderful woman Niccole, and I hope that there's a man out there, who gets to see that one day. It was my choice to take drugs. You didn't push me into anything. I can only ask one last favour from you, and that's to take care of my daughter..."

"You don't have to worry about Bonnie. For every time you've loved her, I'll love twice as much. I'll protect her with everything that makes me Niccole. I swear it. She would grow up with a love likened to that of a mother's. I swear it Narlia. I swear it. But please, please live. She'll be heartbroken..."

"No. She won't even remember who I am, come years from now. She'll forget my face. She's just three years old. But she'll know love, because she'll know your face. And that would mean the world to me more than anything. That she could grow up in the kind of love that we grew up in."

"Narlia..." I whisper

"Shhhh. It's okay. It's okay"

"Oh my God Narlia. I'm going to loose you? But why? But why? No! No! No!" I scream out, shattering, my voice breaking, cracking, as the realization finally hit me, that my sister would truly be no more

"I have to tell you about something else Nicole. Please just here me out. ZEMA Industries is going to mow down this house, a week from now"

"What?" I asked shocked, furiously rubbing at my wet eyes

"ZEMA Industries... They're finally deciding to go ahead to bring down all the houses in this area, seeing that it's their land. They want to go ahead with the construction of their new hotels"

"But..but we had an agreement! Was that not the reason why I married the old bastard in the first place? That if I married him and lived with him for a month, he wouldn't break down the houses here until we're ready to move away from this vicinity! Was that not why I changed my surname to Zemira in the first place? To look like we both shared the same surname since changing my surname to Zema would have been too obvious?" I seethed

"Well, that deal can no longer be held up again. Mr Zema is dead. There's now a new CEO of ZEMA Industries. A Mr.Ivante. And he's given us the notice that this whole place is going to be brought to the ground by next week"

"Why don't you just come live with me, for the remaining time you have left? At least give me a chance to properly take care of you"

"No. This is...was our parents house Nicole. And now, it's ours. It's our legacy. I'm going to stay here till the very end. This house holds a lot of memory for me. For us"

"I'm still married to the old bastard you know" I remark snidely

"What?" Narlia was shocked

"We never did get a divorce. It's been two years now. I married him at twenty one. Why wasn't I even invited to the will? Am I not his legal wife? Didn't he leave us anything, that we can use against him? I'm going to go to Zema Industries tomorrow."

"What? You're going there?"

"Yeah, I am. The wife of the late Mr Zema would have at least been left something, no? If he left me any beautiful house at all, I'll just ask them to take that one, and exchange it for this place instead. This whole downtown area. Whatever land or money he left me, I'll use it to purchase this place or exchange with this place. They'll readily accept because they'll most likely be getting the better end of the deal. But this place is important to us. You're right. It can't be raised to the ground just like that

AUTHOR'S NOTE

HEY GUYS!...♥😍😘😜🙈

so I was able to drop a new chapter of HIS BOSS' WIFE (HBW)

Pardon any typo errors, this is the first draft, I won't have the time to edit yet, until I'm done with the novel. But if you see anyone you can kindly point them out to me, in the comment section. It would be immensely appreciated.

I've decided to be updating HBW every weekend. So a chapter every week, or 2 chapters if I'm feeling up to it, or wasn't so busy that week...

So please, if you liked this chapter, don't forget to

VOTE!!
Click the empty start below, at the lower part of this chapter, on your phone.

•It's just a single star, but it goes a long way to show me how much you appreciated the chapter, and the story as a whole.

•Even if you're a silent reader, it really doesn't take much to hit the empty star! Thanks a lot!😜

COMMENT!!!
This is just as important as voting, ergo, even more important, peharps.

• Comment on parts of the chapter you loved, changes you peharps want me to effect, or what you just generally loved about the story. It's really really appreciated. And it shows me that, alright Esther, there are people out there who are genuinely reading your works, and genuinely love it.

• If it's a criticism you wish to chip in, that's fine too. As long as it's useful and constructive.

FOLLOW!!!!
Alright, so this is just as important as well. You tap on my profile from the story, and go hit the follow button to follow me, if you genuinely liked the work, or wish to learn more about me, the author.

•Also, by following me, you get to always be alerted on your page, whenever I post a new chapter update on any of my works, including this one!

Hey! hey! Before you go, where you just going to leave like that?
Have you VOTED yet?
Pls do so before you leave!

BYE BYE!!!!😜😜😜