13 ~ The Kissing Game

“You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because the reality is finally better than your dreams

“You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because the reality is finally better than your dreams.” – Dr Seuss

_

__________________________________

NICCOLE'S POV

"Well, what about you? Why'd you decide to become a boxer?" He ventured

"It's wrestler. Not Boxer. And I'm still not quite sure of all my reasons. Um...my parents died some years back, and I was in a really dark spot, I always got into fights with others, most times I would usually end up the one being beaten up, until my now, manager, found me and advised me, that why not turn all this extra energy and hate and anger, into a source of income at least? Instead of getting beaten up for nothing? So I began the training, to become a professional wrestler. I would usually draw inspiration from uh...hate. All those hate and anger. But that was when I started. Now, I don't feel as much hate anymore, yet I'm still good at what I do, I'm not quite sure of what I draw inspiration from, now. Maybe it's just the simple idea of wanting to start what you've finished. And not giving up halfway into my career. Or wanting to be the best at what I do."

"Hmm. I don't know what to say"

"You don't approve?" I ask, cocking an eyebrow

"You're an adult. And it's not my place to say whether I approve of how you earn your income or not"

Smart answer. But I ask again

"But you don't approve?"

"No I don't approve. It's not exactly the best of jobs that I would pick for any woman in my life, to be in"

"Any woman in your life? But I'm not in your life Mr. Ivante" I rejoined folding my hands

"I didn't claim you were"

"But I'm here now. So why am I here?" I cock my head

"Because I want you to be damn it!" he replied exasperatedly, raising his two hands up in the air

"Now can we stop this word battle, so we can get around to playing chess Nicole? I still plan to win you. I still plan to have you in my house by tonight"

"I thought it's just the weekend?" I ask, teasing

"It's Friday evening right now. You might as well just spend the weekend starting from tonight in my house".

"If you win" I reminded

"If I win" he agreed

I smiled, moving to the chair closest to him, while he got up to get the chess board from a shelf.