2 ~ The Sister

"Maybe the only vow we ever need to offer the one we love is this: I will never, not for a sliver of a second, make you feel alone

"Maybe the only vow we ever need to offer the one we love is this: I will never, not for a sliver of a second, make you feel alone." — Tyler Knott Gregson

_________________________________

Niccole's POV

"That was what you said the last time, and last four times. I know you don't support the fact that I do professional wrestling to earn a living, but at least I'm not stealing. I'm earning a better, honest living, which is more than I can say for you, living in this dingy neighborhood, refusing my help, putting Bon at risk"

Whack! Narlia slaps me

"You will not talk to me that way in front of my child. I'm your elder sister!"

Tears pool in ny eyes, that one slap hurting more than all of Fatty Tina's punches combined.

"Bon, how about you go inside and finish your cereal? Mommy and Aunty Collette need to talk" Narlia said, smiling at Bonnie, as she placed her down from my lap

"Okay Momma" and Bonnie ran off

I sigh, as I watch Bonnie leave.

"Narlia we used to be close. What happened? You started pushing me away"

"No. You pushed me away first. Ever since Mom died. I tried to get closer to you Niccole. Remember? So we could console ourselves, and heal together. But you pushed me away, sought an unhealthy interest in wrestling. And today, you're a world renowned boxer, while I can barely afford three square meals for my daughter."

"Narlia, I'm sorry. I can't keep apologizing to you for my actions in the past. I'm ready to make amends now, but you won't let me"

"No need. There's no time for that now. I have um... I have leukemia" Narlia said, sniffing, a sob breaking through her seeemingly calm composure.

"You what? When? But how?" I'm shocked

"I didn't want to tell you this before... When you sought to wrestling, I sought to drugs. I became an addict. Though now I've cleaned up quite good, and I'm no longer using the substance anymore, but the consequences have finally come back to hunt me. Me and Mike my husband, aren't really married. I lied about that as well. He's not my legal husband. He was one of the guys I used to do drugs with, and one night we were so high, we slept together, I can't even remember what or how it happened, and then I found myself pregnant with Bonnie. When I decided to go clean, he decided to go clean as well, not wanting to leave me alone to raise Bon alone. But he could not completely leave the lifestyle. Which is why he still sometimes uses the substance, and drinks a lot. I see your face and how much you frown at him every time you catch him using"

"Yes. It's wrong to do that when you have a child. And sometimes Bonnie's right there as he does it, watching him. Is that anyway you want to raise a child?" I fire back, reeling from the sheer shock of what she'd just told me.

"You love Bon..."

"Of course I do. I love her like she's my own daughter" I cut my sister off, furious that Narlia would even want to question my love and loyalty to her daughter Bonnie.

"You might just have to do that. Love her like a daughter. Or be a mother Niccole. 'Cause I'm dying. Doctor gave me two weeks. And there's no way I'm putting my three year old daughter in the foster system. And Mike, bless his heart, is halfway mad with drugs. He couldn't take care of himself, much less Bonnie."

AUTHOR'S NOTE

HEY GUYS!...♥😍😘😜🙈

so I was able to drop a new chapter of HIS BOSS' WIFE (HBW)

Pardon any typo errors, this is the first draft, I won't have the time to edit yet, until I'm done with the novel. But if you see anyone you can kindly point them out to me, in the comment section. It would be immensely appreciated.

I've decided to be updating HBW every weekend. So a chapter every week, or 2 chapters if I'm feeling up to it, or wasn't so busy that week...

So please, if you liked this chapter, don't forget to

VOTE!!
Click the empty start below, at the lower part of this chapter, on your phone.

•It's just a single star, but it goes a long way to show me how much you appreciated the chapter, and the story as a whole.

•Even if you're a silent reader, it really doesn't take much to hit the empty star! Thanks a lot!😜

COMMENT!!!
This is just as important as voting, ergo, even more important, peharps.

• Comment on parts of the chapter you loved, changes you peharps want me to effect, or what you just generally loved about the story. It's really really appreciated. And it shows me that, alright Esther, there are people out there who are genuinely reading your works, and genuinely love it.

• If it's a criticism you wish to chip in, that's fine too. As long as it's useful and constructive.

FOLLOW!!!!
Alright, so this is just as important as well. You tap on my profile from the story, and go hit the follow button to follow me, if you genuinely liked the work, or wish to learn more about me, the author.

•Also, by following me, you get to always be alerted on your page, whenever I post a new chapter update on any of my works, including this one!

Hey! hey! Before you go, where you just going to leave like that?
Have you VOTED yet?
Pls do so before you leave!

BYE BYE!!!!😜😜😜