19 ~ The Bedroom Dare

“The heart wants what it wants

“The heart wants what it wants. There’s no logic to these things. You meet someone, and you fall in love, and that’s that.” – Woody Allen

____________________________________

NICCOLE'S POV

I drag Quillon down the hallway she pointed to, entering the bathroom first to change into the long white shirt she'd given me, and grey cotton trousers. I tucken the shirt into the trousers, trying to salvage the look of the properly faded and really old clothes. Then using a towel I see there, to try to dry my hair as much as I can.

Coming out of the bathroom, I see him rocking back on his feet, waiting for me. Somehow he still manages to look intimidating, even when wet. I wordless give him his own clothes to go change, and he accepts them, entering the bathroom.

We dump out wet clothes in the bin the woman had asked us to, and leave the bathroom area to go in search of the old woman

"I'm sorry Nicole. I promised you an amazing time..." Quillon trailed off

"And that hasn't changed. Listen Quillon, you're a billionaire and I know you control a good many things in your life, but even you can't control the rain. Okay? At least we're here together, in this really nice, really amazing old woman's house. We're in dry clothes, let's just see where the rest of the day takes us" I palm his cheek, boldly staring into his eyes, as I speak to him

"Okay" he sighs

Few minutes later,we found ourselves sitting at a dining table, with different assortments of food placed before us. Food I couldn't claim to have eaten before in my life

"You can both call me Martha. What about you? What are your names?"

"Oh, I'm Niccole, and he's Quillon" I reply smiling

I glance at Quillon, before leaning in to him to whisper in his ears

"Quill, what are the chances that a random woman thinks to poison two unsuspecting adults in the middle of a storm?"

"I'd say, the chances are slim. Hopefully. But I don't think we both have a choice. I'm starving. And you're starving. Plus I doubt this rain's going to let up, anytime soon. Not for many long hours. Besides, I don't think Martha would be too happy if we decide not to eat her food, even though we practically don't know what sort of food this is" he whispers back to me and I giggle.

With a silent mutual agreement, we both simultaneously pick up our forks, dig into the dish, and taste our first spoon, one second...two second... instantly, we both lounge for the glass of water by our food, and gulping the whole glass down, coughing seriously there after, our actions mirroring each others as if we were acting a written script. The woman might have been very surprised by our behavior, but the food was very, incredibly, fucking, peppery!

•)•(•

Quillon's POV

It was evening by now. The day was getting really dark and the rain wasn't letting up, but thankfully, the woman had offered us a bedroom to stay, for the night.

"Quill, we can't sleep in the same room" Nicole protested for like the thousandth time

"Niccole there's nothing I can do. It's a small cottage, and it's just this extra room that's available. It's not like the woman expects guests to ssing about her place everyday. Nor is sue planning on hosting any house parties in the future. She lives alone. Which is why sure uas only one guest room. I'm a grown man and you're a grown woman. Whatever we both don't want to happen, won't happen"

"That's not what I'm scared of, and you know it. It's just how much I want it to happen, that I'm scared of. And sleeping on the same bed all night, is just the right setting for a mistake like that to happen

"A mistake?" I ask cocking my brow and folding my arms

"You know what I mean Quillon. I'm not your random quick hookup kind of girl. I'm not looking for relationships, I'm not looking for love... It just complicates things"

"Okay, cool, neither am I. But would it be so bad to have a simple affair? Love need not be involved. Just sex. There's too much sexual tension between us Niccole and I'm tired of ignoring it. I'm tired of being close to you and having to hold myself back, tormented with the thoughts of not being able to touch you"

"Quill...you and I both know that there's nothing simple about an affair"

"You're right, there isn't. But you can't tell me you don't want me happy as much as I want you Niccole. You can't tell me that you don't want to explore, know where this is gonna lead. At least when we both walk away, there will be no regrets. If you walked away from this now, without fijiding out if this between us, could have led anywhere, you'll forever wonder how it would have been like"

"Fine. You're right. But can we just please take things slow? I've come to care about you Quillon. I really do, I guess it's why I'm scared. I don't want to be hurt."

AUTHOR'S NOTE

HEY GUYS!...♥😍😘😜🙈

so I was able to drop a new chapter of HIS BOSS' WIFE (HBW)

Pardon any typo errors, this is the first draft, I won't have the time to edit yet, until I'm done with the novel. But if you see anyone you can kindly point them out to me, in the comment section. It would be immensely appreciated.

I've decided to be updating HBW every weekend. So a chapter every week, or 2 chapters if I'm feeling up to it, or wasn't so busy that week...

So please, if you liked this chapter, don't forget to

VOTE!!
Click the empty start below, at the lower part of this chapter, on your phone.

•It's just a single star, but it goes a long way to show me how much you appreciated the chapter, and the story as a whole.

•Even if you're a silent reader, it really doesn't take much to hit the empty star! Thanks a lot!😜

COMMENT!!!
This is just as important as voting, ergo, even more important, peharps.

• Comment on parts of the chapter you loved, changes you peharps want me to effect, or what you just generally loved about the story. It's really really appreciated. And it shows me that, alright Esther, there are people out there who are genuinely reading your works, and genuinely love it.

• If it's a criticism you wish to chip in, that's fine too. As long as it's useful and constructive.

FOLLOW!!!!
Alright, so this is just as important as well. You tap on my profile from the story, and go hit the follow button to follow me, if you genuinely liked the work, or wish to learn more about me, the author.

•Also, by following me, you get to always be alerted on your page, whenever I post a new chapter update on any of my works, including this one!

Hey! hey! Before you go, where you just going to leave like that?
Have you VOTED yet?
Pls do so before you leave!

BYE BYE!!!!😍😚😘