27 ~ The Necessity Of Air

"A flower cannot blossom without sunshine, and man cannot live without love

"A flower cannot blossom without sunshine, and man cannot live without love." – Max Muller

___________________________________

NICCOLE'S POV

No matter how rich, no matter how strong, no matter how powerful, air could kill a man. Any man. Or should I say, the lack thereof.

I've had issues with God before in the past, 'cause it seemed to me, that he hated me so much. He took away my mom, and my dad. I...couldn't understand how a God who loved me, could do that. But today I pray, I pray to whoever's watching, whoever's seeing, I pray to God,  to grant my sister one last gush of fresh air, to breathe new air into her lungs.

Even as I try to hurry to her side to hold her hands before they turn cold, stare at her face before they get drained of blood, look into her eyes one last time, before they turn completely lifeless. I grasp her hands in mine, as soon as I reach her side. Everyone gives me space to grieve. The doctors step back, everyone steps back.

"I'm here Narlia. I'm finally here. I uh... I just need you to open your eyes for me baby alright? We can...we can leave this place, right here, right now, we'll even take Bonnie along with us, but please, I just need you to open your eyes one last time. To breathe. They all think you're dead. They're fools. I know better.  You've gone to sleep for a while. To tell Mom and Dad how we're doing over here. That we're fine. We're finally going to be. But you have to understand that I need you down here, more than they need you up there.  If you're hearing me...if you care for me, please wake up. I can't do this without you." I croak out, tears clogging my lungs, as I fall off the chair I'm sitting, to the ground, her still hand still cocooned in the safety of mine, slowly... slowly going cold.

"My God, what will we tell Bonnie? What will I tell Bonnie?" I whisper out, to no one in particular, the tears flowing freely, with no barriers left to hold them.

"Niccole..." One of the doctors stepped forward and I glance up at him

"Narlia left you a note, just before she died. She insisted on writing it, admist the pain and struggle she was currently going through, before she died. She probably knew you wouldn't arrive in time" and he passed me the note

I grab it from him, delicately opening it

“It has finally come to this. If you're reading this Niccole, then it means that I'm no more. I can just imagine your face, your grief. How you must be feeling. It was never my choice to Leave you this way. To leave to raise a three-year old, all by yourself. Not my choice at all, but I've made my peace. It's time to make yours. Don't withdraw Nicole. You're better than that. Stronger! Don't sink into the labyrinth that's even now calling out to you. Wherever I am, it's probably safe. You don't have to worry bout me, no longer. I know you think I never approved of you fighting professional wrestling, but I did. The only thing I was scared of, was you getting hurt. But I always approved. I love you Sis. Mom did as well, and so did Dad. It's okay to cry, it's okay to mourn, but it's also okay to move on. I'm always going to be watching over you brat! You think you can escape me that easily? You wish! It must be killing you, that you didn't get to drop any last words, but does that really matter? I know already. Just how much you love me. I know already, just how much you'd trade your life with mine in an instant. I know already, just how much you're going to miss me. I know already, how much you care. I know it all already. Simply let go. This is my last wish. That you could perhaps live a happy life, better than I did”

Hugging the note to my chest, I wrap my arms around myself, letting go completely, crying to my heart's content, my mind taking me back to all the good times. My first bicycle ride. The first art drawing we both completed together when I was five. My first day of high school and how she protected me, my first kiss and how she advised me... No, the memories, would never fade away, neither would the love, neither would her legacy. For I would carry it on. And so would her child,  Bonnie. A legacy of love. A legacy of friendship. A legacy of sister hood.

The only reason why I'd left her side at all, was because she'd been getting better. Way better. So well, that she was even strong enough to take care of Bonnie· And had adviced me to leave Bonnie at home with her, while I went on my weekend trip with Quillon. We'd even invited the doctor to the house and he'd said she'd miraculously started responding to drugs. That her condition had improved. That her chances to live had improved by months! That was why I'd agreed to spend the weekend with Quillon, and left her side at all. And this cost me my goodbye. I was having the best time of  my life, with a  man I was beginning to fall for, just as my sister was dying. Pathetic! Bonnie, poor Bonnie, was in that house all alone, slowly watching her mom pass away right before her very eyes, not able to do anything about it. And neither could Narlia's drunken husband, have heen able to do anything about it as well. I guess this was why child services were here. I had begun failing in my new role of motherhood already.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

HEY GUYS!...♥😍😘😜🙈

so I was able to drop a new chapter of HIS BOSS' WIFE (HBW)

Pardon any typo errors, this is the first draft, I won't have the time to edit yet, until I'm done with the novel. But if you see anyone you can kindly point them out to me, in the comment section. It would be immensely appreciated.

I've decided to be updating HBW every weekend. So a chapter every week, or 2 chapters if I'm feeling up to it, or wasn't so busy that week...

So please, if you liked this chapter, don't forget to

VOTE!!
Click the empty start below, at the lower part of this chapter, on your phone.

•It's just a single star, but it goes a long way to show me how much you appreciated the chapter, and the story as a whole.

•Even if you're a silent reader, it really doesn't take much to hit the empty star! Thanks a lot!😜

COMMENT!!!
This is just as important as voting, ergo, even more important, peharps.

• Comment on parts of the chapter you loved, changes you peharps want me to effect, or what you just generally loved about the story. It's really really appreciated. And it shows me that, alright Esther, there are people out there who are genuinely reading your works, and genuinely love it.

• If it's a criticism you wish to chip in, that's fine too. As long as it's useful and constructive.

FOLLOW!!!!
Alright, so this is just as important as well. You tap on my profile from the story, and go hit the follow button to follow me, if you genuinely liked the work, or wish to learn more about me, the author.

•Also, by following me, you get to always be alerted on your page, whenever I post a new chapter update on any of my works, including this one!

Hey! hey! Before you go, where you just going to leave like that?
Have you VOTED yet?
Pls do so before you leave!

BYE BYE!!!!😍😚😘