54 ~ Darkly Devoted

I love my eyes when you look into them

I love my eyes when you look into them. I love my name when you say it. I love my heart when you touch it. I love my life when you are in it.” -Esther Dibie ♥
_

___________________________________

NICCOLE'S POV

I slowly wake up from the bed, a bit groggily. My body feels... almost not my own. Like I'd soared to unknown heights and could never possibly be the same again, could never possibly come back. But that being said, I still had a raging hunger threatening to eat up the contents of my stomach, and a soreness between my legs that could have only stemmed from Quillon 's intense lovemaking working out muscles I hadn't used in years.

I get up to look around. Quillon's neither on the bed with me, nor in the room at all. Wow! That's definitely not creepy at all.

My body also happens to feel tired, spent and incredibly sticky. Like, how's that even possible? How'd you feel so good and feel so drained at the same time?

I've lost track and sense of time. But I feel as if I'd slept for a really long time. Maybe this was a new day. Heck maybe this was the afternoon of a new day. Lord knows I was pretty exhausted.

Grappling the sheets around me, I swing my legs out of bed, my soft feet grazing the warm wooden floors, then I slowly lift myself up and muster up enough strength to walk to the walk-in bathroom.

I'm in the mood to take a really long and hot shower, complete with the artificial flowers and scented candles. Weird soaps, a bottle of Jasmine, scented oil, like the whole complete arrangement! As it just so happens, I find most of the things right there in the bathroom. Peharps a female could have come here at some point and left these things here. I highly doubted Quillon had use for them.

I make quick work of setting up the water, to the hot steaming temperature I want it to be, pour and sprinkle the necessaries, then slowly deep in

I make quick work of setting up the water, to the hot steaming temperature I want it to be, pour and sprinkle the necessaries, then slowly deep in. I was in bad need of a bottle of champagne to go with all, but I doubt I was going to be finding that here. So I gotta make do with what I have.

My mind takes me back to the events of well, the past week. This time last week, I'd still been angry with Quillon. And now, we'd become bed buddies, sort of. I like him... I don't know why, don't completely know why, but Lord knows I do. I like him a lot. His resilience, his drive, his determination, hell his passion...

Being a wrestler, a public personality, and now having a child, I'd thought love and romances would be very far from me because it was my theory that guys preferred simple beautiful ladies with little or no dramas. And I was everything but that. Yet Quillon came along. I could still get a guy just as good as him, to care about me.

What was I going to do with Quillon though? I mean what was he even going to do with me? You know, love was such a fickle thing. It's not easy to capture in someone, or from someone, and just as fickly, it knows how to quickly leave, before you can even register it was there in the first place. How do people make lifelong commitments to love someone forever, when you don't even truly know if your love for the person is going to last half as long as forever? Forever was a really long time, and love was too unpredictable to promise it for forever, to someone else. The entirety of life is so unpredictable...very unpredictable. My mom had left first from cancer, then so did my dad not long after, from a terrible road accident — he'd been drinking and driving, unbearable grief had caused him that. Then now my sister from drugs, leukemia. Those were all people I'd loved...I still do love. But I swear years ago, I could have promised them forever. I could have promised them a lifetime of loving them completely, wholeheartedly, a lifetime of commitment because they were family. They were blood. But even that got broken in seconds, in the space of heartbeats. I have...no right to promise someone forever when I'm not even sure I'd live half as long, I'd be around half as long. My life is not in my hands. Yes I can fight, I can struggle for life, but ultimately, I don't own it. I own this me. Yes I own this body, this vessel, but ultimately, I don't own me. Do I love Quillon? Yes Lord help me, I do. Or I think I did. And it feels like a burden, a strength, a weakness, I don't know! It feels crazy, stupid, like I was setting myself out there for more hurt, or to love one more person who was just going to leave like the rest, but what do you do when your heart refuses to accept the truth that your head knows? Refuses to accept reality? Refuses to accept the facts? Refuses to accept that it's been broken countless times and the now broken pieces could not possibly bear through one more heartbreak?

Stupid stupid Niccole. You're going to get your heart broken again... Just one more time...just one more time. You can't trust him, he's going to break your tender heart all over again.

Quickly, I get out ot the water. It's been over thirty minutes now, so I'm  confident I've soaked in enough. But I just can't bear through my own thoughts. I've got to find Quillon, someone, or anyone to talk to.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

HEY GUYS!...♥😍😘😜🙈

so I was able to drop a new chapter of HIS BOSS' WIFE (HBW)

Pardon any typo errors, this is the first draft, I won't have the time to edit yet, until I'm done with the novel. But if you see anyone you can kindly point them out to me, in the comment section. It would be immensely appreciated.

I've decided to be updating HBW every weekend. So a chapter every week, or 2 chapters if I'm feeling up to it, or wasn't so busy that week...

So please, if you liked this chapter, don't forget to

VOTE!!
Click the empty start below, at the lower part of this chapter, on your phone.

•It's just a single star, but it goes a long way to show me how much you appreciated the chapter, and the story as a whole.

•Even if you're a silent reader, it really doesn't take much to hit the empty star! Thanks a lot!😜

COMMENT!!!
This is just as important as voting, ergo, even more important, peharps.

• Comment on parts of the chapter you loved, changes you peharps want me to effect, or what you just generally loved about the story. It's really really appreciated. And it shows me that, alright Esther, there are people out there who are genuinely reading your works, and genuinely love it.

• If it's a criticism you wish to chip in, that's fine too. As long as it's useful and constructive.

FOLLOW!!!!
Alright, so this is just as important as well. You tap on my profile from the story, and go hit the follow button to follow me, if you genuinely liked the work, or wish to learn more about me, the author.

•Also, by following me, you get to always be alerted on your page, whenever I post a new chapter update on any of my works, including this one!

Hey! hey! Before you go, where you just going to leave like that?
Have you VOTED yet?
Pls do so before you leave!

BYE BYE!!!!😍😚😘