8 ~ The Proposal

“Immature love says: ‘I love you because I need you

“Immature love says: ‘I love you because I need you.’ Mature love says ‘I need you because I love you.” – Erich Fromm. I am sure that my love for you is mature.

___________________________________

Ivante's POV

I'm momentarily taken aback by the fact that so far, she hasn't even asked for a dime. But that doesn't mean I have to back down or agree to this sham of a contract.

"Miss. Zemira, as I'm sure you're well aware, the late Mr. Zema is dead, rendering your contracts with him null and void, especially as you can not exactly claim to still be in a marriage with a dead man. This is a sham. I have no desire nor need to uphold the other end of this contract, seeing I wasn't the one who made it with you. As sorry as I am, for the fact that your parents house would be mowed to the ground, it is something that regardless, needs to happen. On the bright side, in a few months from now, you can still decide to live there once more, when we've redeveloped the place back. Plus, we've given each and every tenant living there, a little financial settlement for their stress and time, in having to pack out of the place, and none of them complained because the money given is what some of them would not even make in two years."

"What about the money left to me then?" She finally asked, proving she wasn't as different as I thought, from the other girls

I smirked "What money Miss Zemira? I can very well assure you, you were left absolutely nothing from Mr Zema's will. Now I believe we're done here, you can now see yourself out, however you want" I dismiss her. It was a shame really. She was so fucking beautiful, I couldn't even bring myself to look away from her

"Please Mr Ivante. This place's really important to me. At least, if you won't change your mind on raising down the place, delay it then. If you would just delay the construction schedule for two weeks, it would mean everything to me" she begs me desperately

"Dinner" I finally reply, after carefully watching her

"Wh-at?" She stutters, her huge innocent eyes staring at me in confusion, and my dick constricts once more in painful arousal. I don't know what's wrong with me, but I can't help but say the next statement

"Have dinner with me tomorrow night, convince me why I shouldn't put in a call right now, and ask them to raise that place down to the ground even this very minute, even as we speak. It is my land after all Mrs Zemira."

"Uh..."

"Good. I'll send a car to come pick you up."

Niccole's POV

Hôtel la crème. I glance at the title of the hotel, as soon as we get to it. Mr. Ivante had truly sent the car around, to come pick me. and it'd arrived at the exact time he'd said it would arrive. At exactly 7:30pm. And now they got here by exactly 8pm. A thirty minutes drive.