31 ~ The Start Of A New Chapter

"When love is not madness, it is not love

"When love is not madness, it is not love." - Pedro Calderón de la Barca. I am sure that it is love between us because I am really crazy when I am with you.

____________________________________

NICCOLE'S POV

I wake up groggily, trying to figure out my surroundings and where I am. I quickly note that I'm on a bed, in the guest room Quillon had given to me, in his home.

Exerting some effort, I'm able to get up, and go to the bathroom. My bladder was going to burst anytime soon if I didn't empty it.

My head is pounding seriously, almost as if I'd been drinking all night. I guess crying for hours will do that to you. Today's a new day, I guess. A new chapter. Day 1, since my sister's death. I just need to get through today. Maybe if I could successfully get through today, then other days will get easier, or maybe not hurt as much anymore.

I still feel that overwhelming sense of loss. It's like a gaping hole in my chest, so wide, I'm surprised I'm still breathing. Words can't accurately describe the sorrow, the pain that accompanies the death of a loved one. You'd always feel you could have done better by then. Done right by them. Loved them more. Make their lives less hell. You know what? I think there should have been a calendar! If Fate's going to take all our loved ones from us, before their due date, then at least tell me when they die. Because I deserve to know! I deserve to know how long I have with a loved one. I deserve to know how many days I have left to cherish them!

But I'm not going to fall back into that pit of depression. I refuse to. I'm going to try my possible best to love move on and get through this, just like Narlia had said in the letter.

So with that steely resolve, I quickly brush my teeth, take a quick cold shower, and come back to the room to find something to wear. I'm really not in the mood to dress up or wear anything fancy so I settle on some comfortable slacks, white singlet, wool jacket, braiding my hair down into two pig tails.

 I'm really not in the mood to dress up or wear anything fancy so I settle on some comfortable slacks, white singlet, wool jacket, braiding my hair down into two pig tails