41 ~ Love Birthed In Loyalty

“What we need to know about loving is no great mystery

“What we need to know about loving is no great mystery. We all know what constitutes loving behavior; we need but act upon it, not continually question it. Over-analysis often confuses the issue and in the end brings us no closer to insight. We sometimes become too busy classifying, separating, and examining, to remember that love is easy. It’s we who make it complicated.”
– Leo Buscaglia
____________________________________

NICCOLE'S POV

The moment Christine and I gets up, rain starts falling, and really heavily at that.

"Oh no, oh no!" Christine gasps

"I thought you came with a car?" I demanded

"No I didn't! We can't all afford those. No no no! What am I going to do? And at this time of the night, taxis are going to turn to rare diamonds. It's going to be really rare to see them" I watch her start pacing, most likely trying to think of a solution

"I could go drop you off at your house" I offered

"It's really far. And you won't be familiar with the road or area. It's not wise to drive on an unfamiliar road this late into the night, with such a heavy rain falling. Anything could happen. Your car could breakdown, you could get lost when coming back, and who would stay with Bonnie at home? It's also not wise to bring her along either 'cause she could catch a cold!" She groans out, instantly putting an end to that idea.

That's when it hits me

"How about you sleep over?"

"What?" I can see the shock evident on her features

"You came all the way here, just to see how Bonnie was doing. I'd be a wicked person if I allowed you walk back out into this rain all alone, especially this late at night. Please sleep over at my place, then after dropping Bonnie off at school tomorrow morning, I could go drop you at your home."

"Are you sure?" She asks uncertainly

"Very" I reply. This was the right thing to do. I was finally able to do something for her, to repay her for her kindness. "Besides, we still haven't finished this bottle of wine. Plus I've got this horror movie I wanted to watch but I've always been scared to watch alone, tonight's as good as any night, to watch it. We could make it a female movie night, and fall asleep on the couch" I offered with a smile.

"Well  when you out it that way... That sounds so appealing. Okay. If you really don't mind, I'd love to spend the night in your home. And watch that horror movie with you."

"Great. I've got bowls of popcorn in the fridge, let me just de-freeze that, take Bonnie upstairs to sleep properly on the bed, I see she's fallen asleep on the floor; then I can get us two wrappers, to complete the whole look. "

"Alright. I want to help. What can I do?" She smiles eagerly

"Hmm, you can start by helping me prepare the popcorn" I suggest.

———|~♦||•♦•||♦~|———

The next morning, after dropping Bonnie at school, we start driving to Christine's house. She's in the car here with me.

"I had a really good time Niccole. It's been a long time since I've just simply hung out with anyone." She confesses.

"Me too. Sometimes we become lonely, and get so used to being alone, staying that way, that we forget we need people as well. People who'd gladly have our backs. Or we brush off a really good friendship when it comes our way. I want to especially thank you for what you did for Bonnie, Christine. And for me as well. I know it's your job, but this was more than a job, that you did. You could have reported the incident to the necessary authorities, and there's every possibility the case could have even gone to court and they might have taken Bonnie away from me, for negligence, put her in the foster system. Or you could have even extorted or blackmailed me for money, to keep your mouth shut, but you didn't do all that. Lord knows I would have paid whatever sum you'd mentioned, for Bonnie. I was in a really weakened state, my sister had died that day. I could have done just about anything you'd asked me to do. And yet you didn't ask, not for a single dime. I can't possibly thank you enough."

"What would I have gained from that? I was once like Bonnie very many years ago. Helpless, alone, hungry. And there was no one. I didn't have the best of parents, they cared more about their next dosage of crack, than they did about me. Which was why I got into this job in the first place. To help more children like me, more Bonnie's out there."

"But I'm still grateful nonetheless. If you ever need anything...if you ever want to see, or just hangout. If you ever get too lonely, or find another horror movie you want to share. I'm always here. Dokt forget that. Let me be the very first person you call" I demanded

"Yes boss." She laughed "I definitely won't forget that"

"Good" I approve, smiling as well. Soon enough, we reach her house and she comes down

"Guess I'll be seeing you next week as well?" I ask

"Yap. And the next, and the next, and the next..." She trails off, teasing

"Hahaha! Alright I get the point. I'll be expecting you then" I reply, laughing, before driving off. I'm glad I'd finally made a friend.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

HEY GUYS!...♥😍😘😜🙈

so I was able to drop a new chapter of HIS BOSS' WIFE (HBW)

Pardon any typo errors, this is the first draft, I won't have the time to edit yet, until I'm done with the novel. But if you see anyone you can kindly point them out to me, in the comment section. It would be immensely appreciated.

I've decided to be updating HBW every weekend. So a chapter every week, or 2 chapters if I'm feeling up to it, or wasn't so busy that week...

So please, if you liked this chapter, don't forget to

VOTE!!
Click the empty start below, at the lower part of this chapter, on your phone.

•It's just a single star, but it goes a long way to show me how much you appreciated the chapter, and the story as a whole.

•Even if you're a silent reader, it really doesn't take much to hit the empty star! Thanks a lot!😜

COMMENT!!!
This is just as important as voting, ergo, even more important, peharps.

• Comment on parts of the chapter you loved, changes you peharps want me to effect, or what you just generally loved about the story. It's really really appreciated. And it shows me that, alright Esther, there are people out there who are genuinely reading your works, and genuinely love it.

• If it's a criticism you wish to chip in, that's fine too. As long as it's useful and constructive.

FOLLOW!!!!
Alright, so this is just as important as well. You tap on my profile from the story, and go hit the follow button to follow me, if you genuinely liked the work, or wish to learn more about me, the author.

•Also, by following me, you get to always be alerted on your page, whenever I post a new chapter update on any of my works, including this one!

Hey! hey! Before you go, where you just going to leave like that?
Have you VOTED yet?
Pls do so before you leave!

BYE BYE!!!!😍😚😘