33 ~ We All Need Someone To Stay

Boris Pasternak was a wonderful poet, and he once wrote: “You and I, it’s as though we have been taught to kiss in heaven and sent down to earth together, to see if we know what we were taught

Boris Pasternak was a wonderful poet, and he once wrote: “You and I, it’s as though we have been taught to kiss in heaven and sent down to earth together, to see if we know what we were taught.” Indeed, honey, I cannot forget our last kiss, and I am waiting so much for the foregone meeting.

____________________________________

NICCOLE'S POV

Some few minutes later, someone knocks on the door and enters the room. One of the female staffs.

"Mr. Ivante, the toys you asked us to purchase, have arrived. The new clothes for her size, has come in as well. Her bathing water's also prepared" the lady says

"Thank you Layla" Quillon answers her and turns to me

"Niccole while you were asleep, forgive me, i took the liberty of ordering some things for Bonnie. Mainly new clothes and toys. The housekeeper would like to take her now, to go bathe her"

"Wow. I didn't even think about all of that. What would I have done without you?" I exhale, almost coming to the brink of tears once more.

"It was no bother Nicole. I'm just glad I could be of help" he offers soothingly, and I gently hand over Bonnie to Layla. Bonnie's already half asleep, like half of the babies in the world usually are, when they've just finished having a good cry. Layla takes her away, closing the door behind her, leaving Quillon and I in the room alone together. We haven't had any time alone to ourselves, since yesterday's lunch at the restaurant.

"Hey" he says softly, walking closer to me

"Hi" I reply, offering him a weak smile

"How're you feeling?"

"Like my sister just died" I whimpered

"I'm sorry that was wrong of me"

"No, no it's okay. It's the truth isn't it? It's my new truth, and I uh, I gotta get used to that. And saying that" I sniff

"I remember you telling me you had a sister who was sick. And yet I asked you to come see me anyway. I feel so— terrible. You must hate me alot by now" he expressed

"No, I don't hate you at all. This is not even about you. It's not your fault. Besides, it was my choice. If I didn't want to come see you, nothing could have made me do so. So I wanted to. It was just that, the doctor misdiagnosed. I mean, she was getting better for a moment... It was just so unexpected you know. I never should have left her side"