38 ~ School Day Preparation

"While I sleep, I dream of you, and while I wake, I long to hold you in my arms

"While I sleep, I dream of you, and while I wake, I long to hold you in my arms. If anything, our time apart has only made me more certain that I want to spend my nights by your side, and my days with your heart." -Nicholas Sparks

____________________________________

NICCOLE'S POV

"Prrrrmmm! Prrrrmmm!! Prrrrmmm!!!" I'm awakened by my 6am alarm, and quickly stetch my hands out to put it off, before it awakens Bonnie who still sleeping soundly on my bed, as well.

After turning to place a kiss on her forehead, I spring off the bed, to start my day's activities. I tie my hair in a bun, put on my floppy home slippers and leave the room, heading to the kitchen.

It's been exactly a week from today, since Narlia died. Bonnie was going to be resuming school today, and I was eager to do well at my first school day preparation as a Mom. Already, she'd missed over a week of schooling because of the whole incident.

When I get to the kitchen, I put on the electric heater to boil some water, making myself a cup of coffee, so that I'm properly alert. Waking up at this time, is unusual for me. I usually wake up around 10am, and I don't bother setting an alarm. But because of Bonnie, I can't afford to continue waking up that late.

When I'm done with my cup of coffee, I begin preparing breakfast. An hour later, I'm done with preparing a meal of fried chicken, marcaroni and cheese, with collard greens, okra and cornbread. I sit down to quickly eat my meal, placing the rest in the freezer, I'll probably eat that for dinner as well.

It's 7:15am by the time I head back to my room to wake up Bonnie, to start getting ready for school. I give her a bath, dress her up in a cute pink top that has the picture of Ariana Grande imprinted on the front, with blue trousers that sparkled in the sunlight and white sneakers, braiding her brunnette hair downwards.

I pack her bag, putting her notebooks, her favourite little teddy Sally, that she has as of late refused to go anywhere without, and her lunch box.

When I was sure she was set to go, I go ahead to take a quick shower for myself, then put on a green loosed, short dress, that cinched at my waist, with brown knee length boots, leaving my hair down.