7 ~ Storms, Fires & Desires

“Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies

“Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies.” – Aristotle

___________________________________

Niccole POV

"Then pray tell Miss, why the fuck are you in my boardroom in the first place?" He lashed out at me, and I flinched

"Because I need your help" I finally replied, looking down

"Huh. Doesn't everyone?"

"Ex-cuse me?" I ask, embarrassed

"I said doesn't everyone? You'd have to get in line Miss whatever your name is..."

"Niccole" I cut him off "my name is Niccole. And please can we talk alone? I really need your help. It's urgent. I promise it would be worth your time. I tried booking an appointment but your assistant Jade, said you were booked for six months"

"So you lied and told her you were coming for a job interview instead. And not only do you get here late, you insult your supposed helper as well? Tut-tut Niccole, your sins are piling. I have absolutely no reason to help you. And so I won't. Ladies, we're done here. I'm a very busy man. Congratulations by the way, none of you got the job"

And I watched in horror as he stood up and started walking towards me, seeing that I was by the door and without a single glance at me, he walks by me, opening the door and stepping out.

I'm shocked! Immediately, I follow behind him, trailing him until I watch him get into his office and lock the door, giving Jade instructions.

Furiously, I walk towards the door, intending to enter the office, ignoring's Jade's voice telling me I cannot go in after him, I barge into the office

I see the shock on his face, he probably didn't think I'd be that bold right?

His eyes instantly became cold and it causes me to flinch back but I'm not backing down. My parents house is hanging on the line.

"I'll give it you Niccole. You're a very bold woman"

"Thank you?" I reply in a sort of question, not sure if that was a compliment

"But you're also a very stupid one. In thirty seconds time, I'm going to dial that button over there, and call security. You better pray whatever you want to say, can be said in thirty seconds because that's just about how much of my time you're privileged to. And you have just twenty five seconds left"

"Mr. Ivante, I'm sorry if we got off on the wrong foot, I'm not here to do a battle with you. Like I said before, my name's Nicole Zemira. I was the wife of the late Mr Zema-"

I'm cut off, by his harsh burst of laughter.

"Really? We're still doing those? You're like the what? Thirtieth woman who's come to lay a claim to that? Don't you guys get tired of that act? You better choose another excuse for your being here sweetheart, because trust me that first one you chose, won't earn you a dime"

"Wh-at?" I sputtered, shocked
"you arrogant jerk! You think I'm faking it? Here, I have the marriage certificate to prove it" and I step forward, throwing the certificates in my hands at his desk,

And his eyes briefly flicks down to glance at it

"I'd have to give it to you Miss Zemira. You're the first one, of all of them, to show me this. To show me proof. Fine. You've got my attention. I won't call security anymore, plus your thiry seconds was up five seconds ago anyway. Take a seat. So let's say you were really married to the late Mr. ZEMA. What does that matter? How does that affect me? Why are you here? What do you want?"

"I want what was promised me." I replied matter-of-factly as I took a seat

"If you will examine properly the marriage certificate on your desk, you would see some other pages attached to it. A contract. Specifically on page 5, you would see a clause there that states that as per my marriage to Mr. Zema, a particular area of land belonging to Zema Industries would not be developed, until I'm ready to pack out of there"

"The slums? Its the place we're supposed to raise down few days from now, to start the new constructions. Somehow I did not peg you as someone who lived in an area that poor. Neither does your dressing depict that. Trying to leave above your means Mrs Zemira?" He asked, I literally had to count one to ten in my mind,to stop me from lashing out in anger at him, so I stuck with simply rolling my eyes

"Mr. Ivante my living there or not does not in any way affect the terms of that contract. That's my parent's home, and it means a lot to me. I can't let you mow it down"

AUTHOR'S NOTE

HEY GUYS!...♥😍😘😜🙈

so I was able to drop a new chapter of HIS BOSS' WIFE (HBW)

Pardon any typo errors, this is the first draft, I won't have the time to edit yet, until I'm done with the novel. But if you see anyone you can kindly point them out to me, in the comment section. It would be immensely appreciated.

I've decided to be updating HBW every weekend. So a chapter every week, or 2 chapters if I'm feeling up to it, or wasn't so busy that week...

So please, if you liked this chapter, don't forget to

VOTE!!
Click the empty start below, at the lower part of this chapter, on your phone.

•It's just a single star, but it goes a long way to show me how much you appreciated the chapter, and the story as a whole.

•Even if you're a silent reader, it really doesn't take much to hit the empty star! Thanks a lot!😜

COMMENT!!!
This is just as important as voting, ergo, even more important, peharps.

• Comment on parts of the chapter you loved, changes you peharps want me to effect, or what you just generally loved about the story. It's really really appreciated. And it shows me that, alright Esther, there are people out there who are genuinely reading your works, and genuinely love it.

• If it's a criticism you wish to chip in, that's fine too. As long as it's useful and constructive.

FOLLOW!!!!
Alright, so this is just as important as well. You tap on my profile from the story, and go hit the follow button to follow me, if you genuinely liked the work, or wish to learn more about me, the author.

•Also, by following me, you get to always be alerted on your page, whenever I post a new chapter update on any of my works, including this one!

Hey! hey! Before you go, where you just going to leave like that?
Have you VOTED yet?
Pls do so before you leave!

BYE BYE!!!!😜😜😜