32 ~ Tomorrow Holds A Better Appeal

Nat King Cole wrote: "The greatest thing you'll ever learn is to love and be loved in return

Nat King Cole wrote: "The greatest thing you'll ever learn is to love and be loved in return." Thank you, honey, because I know what this great thing is.

___________________________________

NICCOLE'S POV

Now that I'm in the room for the first time, I take my time to properly glance around. It's really...manly. I didn't even know what word to use to describe it. It fit him I guess. The furniture were artfully designed, thoughtfully placed. The really wide, four poster king sized bed made the room have an ancient feel to it, but that only covered a portion of the room. It was a really large room. There was a little dining area as well, having a simple yet elegant looking table and an arranged splay of four chairs. Then there was some sort of balcony, that would probably give you a nice view to outside,  no doubt. The overall view of the room though, was done in mainly dark brown, mahogany, and grey. The room had some sort of musky smell to it, very much like how Quillon smelled. Like ghe cologne, whichever one he used, was specifically designed to fit his skin, his character.

"Aunt Cole, Quillon has a piano, and he can play. I told him you know how to sing. Please sing a song. Please" Bonnie breaks into my thoughts, her eyes beginning to water

Brat! She definitely knows my weak points and know I can't resist her anything when she threatens to cry. So even though I'm not in the mood to sing, I nod in agreement, making her know that I indeed will her a song.

Quillon and I stand up, Bonnie's in my arms, and we all head over to the piano at another corner of his room, and he sits on it

"I didn't know you sing" he admitted, giving me a smile

"And I didn't know you play" I retorted, matching his smile with one of my own

"I'm going to sing someone to stay by Vancouver Sleep" I say as  a preamable, so Quillon knows what to expect. Then I began, airing out my soft soprano voice

You were alone, left out in the cold
Clinging to the ruin of your broken home
Too lost and hurting, to carry your load
We all need someone to hold

You've been fighting the memory all on your own
Nothing washes, nothing grows
I know how it feels, being by yourself in the rain
We all need someone to stay

Hear you falling and lonely, cry out
Will you fix me up? Will you show me hope?
The end of the day, I'm helpless
Can you keep me close? Can you love me most?

You've drunk it down and now you've spat it out
Nothing tastes like the things you had
So tear it off, why don't you let them go?
We all need someone to stay

Hear you falling and lonely, cry out
"Will you fix me up? Will you show me hope?
The end of the day, I'm helpless
Can you keep me close? Can you love me most?
Can you keep me close? Can you love me most?"

You were alone, left out in the cold
Clinging to the ruin of your broken heart

You were falling and lonely, cry out:
Will you fix me up? Will you show me hope?
The end of the day, I'm helpless
Can you keep me close? Can you love me?

Oh oh
Oh oh
Oh oh
Oh oh

Hear you falling and lonely, cry out
"Will you fix me up? Will you show me hope?
The end of the day, I'm helpless
Can you keep me close? Can you love me most?
Can you keep me close? Can you love me most?"

By the time I'm done with the song, Bonnie begins to cry, and so do I as well. The song bringing the pain and remembrance of Narlia once more, and with a broken heart, I hear Bonnie say

"She's gone. She's really gone. I didn't want to believe it before. Mummy's gone"

I hug her tightly, as we both cry hard, trying to find closure of some sort, from the corner of my eye, I see Quillon slowly backing away, most likely to give us space to grieve and be on our own, but I shook my head, motioning for him to come over. In just period of time of knowing him, he's offered me more comfort than anybody has. Attentive. Caring. He's even taken care of Bonnie when he didn't even have to. So he deserved to be part of this. I wasn't going to push him away just because I was grieving.

When he finally walks closer to me, as if sensing what I need, he opens his arms, and with Bonnie still in mine, I walk into the safe haven of his arms. And together we're both craddling Bonnie, giving comforts to ourselves as well

AUTHOR'S NOTE

HEY GUYS!...♥😍😘😜🙈

so I was able to drop a new chapter of HIS BOSS' WIFE (HBW)

Pardon any typo errors, this is the first draft, I won't have the time to edit yet, until I'm done with the novel. But if you see anyone you can kindly point them out to me, in the comment section. It would be immensely appreciated.

I've decided to be updating HBW every weekend. So a chapter every week, or 2 chapters if I'm feeling up to it, or wasn't so busy that week...

So please, if you liked this chapter, don't forget to

VOTE!!
Click the empty start below, at the lower part of this chapter, on your phone.

•It's just a single star, but it goes a long way to show me how much you appreciated the chapter, and the story as a whole.

•Even if you're a silent reader, it really doesn't take much to hit the empty star! Thanks a lot!😜

COMMENT!!!
This is just as important as voting, ergo, even more important, peharps.

• Comment on parts of the chapter you loved, changes you peharps want me to effect, or what you just generally loved about the story. It's really really appreciated. And it shows me that, alright Esther, there are people out there who are genuinely reading your works, and genuinely love it.

• If it's a criticism you wish to chip in, that's fine too. As long as it's useful and constructive.

FOLLOW!!!!
Alright, so this is just as important as well. You tap on my profile from the story, and go hit the follow button to follow me, if you genuinely liked the work, or wish to learn more about me, the author.

•Also, by following me, you get to always be alerted on your page, whenever I post a new chapter update on any of my works, including this one!

Hey! hey! Before you go, where you just going to leave like that?
Have you VOTED yet?
Pls do so before you leave!

BYE BYE!!!!😍😚😘