Avatar of the Wild pt 2

Ch. 2 – Through the early years of Korrasami

Republic City – Earth Kingdom – Hiroshi and Kim Sato's Mansion – late Spring – 3 years after Korra's birth (Asami-4, Korra-2 ¾)

The sun slowly peaked from behind the hills in the valley surrounding the city, illuminating the glass and metals of skyscrapers with an almost celestial glow. As the city began to awaken, Kim and her husband were sound asleep in their bed, as the door to their bedroom creaked open, and tiny feet padded into room.

Four year old Asami, dressed in an adorable pink sleeping gown with fire ferret slippers, long curly raven locks going past her shoulders, giggled behind her hands as she continued her mission to wake her mom up so that Kim could make her pancakes.

Finally making it to her mama's side of the bed, Asami placed a kiss on Kim's cheek and whispered, "Kaa-chan, make me pancakes please." Kim cracked one eye open and looked at her daughter's adorable grin, both of her two top front teeth missing and a rosy hue on her cherub cheeks, and chuckled, "Why are you up so early, my little angel. The sun is only just beginning to rise."

Asami crawled onto the bed, lying on top of her mom, and sighed dramatically, "The sky's awake, so I'm awake." Kim rolled her eyes playfully, and sat up, pulling the cute child into her arms, "Okay, drama queen, we'll make pancakes," causing Asami to fist pump in happiness, "But we have to wake you cousins so they can have some too, okay angel-face."

The little girl groaned, "Do we have to wake up Mako? He always picks on me because I'm not as good as he is with fire bending, and tells me that I can't play with him and his friends because I'm a girl. Bolin's the only one that's nice to me and plays with me."

Kim sighed, "Asami-chan, my angel, Mako-kun is family, just like Bolin-kun. It would hurt his feelings if you don't include him, and I know it hurts yours when he doesn't include you."

Asami pouted, "Yes ma'am." Kim smiled, and gave her precious gift a kiss on the forehead, "I love you, sweet pea."

"I love you too, kaa-chan", Asami giggled, and wrapped her tiny hands around her mama's waist, hugging her tightly, 'And I love you too, Korra.'

Spirit Forests of the Earth Kingdom – late Summer - Saber Wolf Tribe – 10 years after Korra's birth (Asami-10, Korra – 9)

Everything was peaceful in the grove of trees where the Saber Wolf tribe was established; members of the large clan going about their day, opening up shops and food carts at the bazaar, councilmen having a meeting in the tribal hall, children making their way to the large school building where Katara stood at the entrance greeting each pup that she would be teaching for the day and noticed that she was missing a student, and the tribes warriors, guards, and police were being trained by Azula in the huge dojo that sat on the outskirts of the village.

Back at the school, Katara had just started the lesson for the day when a tiny nine year old girl with wild dark brown hair in a pixie cut, mischievous sapphires, red fang tattoos against dark skin, and a sheepish grin rushed in, "Sorry I'm late, mom. Mama left early, and I kinda over slept", she explained with a bashful smile. Katara smiled at her little girl, and motioned for her to take a seat, "Just try not to be late again, Korra", and then she noticed something odd, "Umm, sweetie, where are your shoes?"

Korra was dressed in a blue sleeveless Chinese shirt with white trimming, and baggy dark blue trousers that were tied at the ankles however, her clawed feet were bare.

"Hehe whoops. I guess I was in bigger hurry than I realized!", Korra chuckled, earning laughs from some of the other kids. Katara could only look at her child with loving fondness, wondering what the young Avatar was going to be like when she was older, knowing she and Azula would have their hands full with this one before they could even think of having another one. Hell, she and wife thought that they would only have to worry about their pup setting fire to the house, only to find their baby girl bending all four elements before she was potty trained. Aye caramba! At least they were able to train the little spitfire in three out of the four with the help of Toph, so now they have to just convince Tenzin or Bumi, Aang and Ty Lee's two sons, to visit and train Korra in air bending for a few years.

Once classes were over for the day, Korra kissed her mom on the cheek before racing over to the dojo for weapons training with her mama, having taken an interest in the tiger claws and chain blade, "See you at dinner, mom! I love you", Korra shouted behind her as she dodged pedestrians, "I have to get stronger so I can protect everyone, especially you, Asami! I love you, my heart!"

Republic City docks – Earth Kingdom – early Autumn – 17 years after Korra's birth (Asami-18, Korra-17, Mako-19, Bolin-17)

On the docks of Republic City, three teens, a girl and two boys bundled up in jackets to combat the cool autumn air, were leaning against the hood of a black Satomobile waiting for the ship from the Spirit Forests to port.

One of the boys, a 6'2, tanned 19 year old with gold eyes, short spiky black hair and a runner's build, grumbled as he warmed his hands with fire bending, "Asami, why are we even waiting for the ship to come in? It's not like you know anyone on it."

The girl, an ivory skinned, 5'10, 18 year old with emerald eyes, long, curly, waist length, raven black hair and a gymnast build, rolled her eyes at her older cousin, "I already told you, Mako. Korra's on that ship, and today will be the day we meet face to face for the first time." "Oh, you mean your imaginary girlfriend?" "Shut up, you ass."

This caused the other boy, a tanned, 6'5, 17 year old with forest green eyes, short, curly black hair and a boxer's build, to start laughing at his older brother's expression, "She told you, Mr. Stick-up-his-ass!" "Fuck you, Bolin!" "Bolin, you're my favorite cousin, I love you, Mako, I tolerate you, but would both of you idiots shut the hell up!"

Once they were silent, Asami smiled and turned her attention back to the dock where a boat could be seen approaching the dock, causing Asami to jump up from the car in excitement, "She's here! Korra's here!"

A few minutes later, the teens saw a young, dark skinned, Saber Wolf Tribe girl, approach them. She was 5'7, and looked Bolin's age with playful mischief filled sapphires, badass red fang tats and a mma build, wicked looking double vampire like fangs in a mouth pulled into a sexy smirk that made Asami clench her thighs together, messy dark brown hair cut pixie style, dressed in water tribe attire (Korra's clothes from second half of Book 4) with a chain blade hanging from a holster on her left hip, and shiny wrist-length fingerless gauntlets with three slots on the back of each one.

The wild looking teen gazed right at Asami, as she spoke in a sexy alto, "Hello Asami. I'm Korra, and I've been waiting for you since the day I was born. It's a pleasure to meet you", she purred, and placed a warm kiss on the emerald eyed beauty's lips, causing Asami's knees to buckle as her vision went black. As she lost consciousness, she heard Korra say smugly as she caught her with warm strong arms, "Damn, I'm good."