Roommate Au part 3

Asami enjoyed a glass of wine after a long day in the garage. After a refreshing shower, she had settled in bed, with a good book and a glass of red wine. Her roomie and friend, was already asleep in the room next to hers. She was in the midst of a paragraph when she heard a noise. Starting with soft grunts which became louder. Someone trashing around. "Korra…?" She whispered the name, even though there was no one there in the room with her. She quickly put her book and glass aside onto the nightstand and got out of bed. Not bothered to put on a robe. Her sleeping dress would just have to do for now.

She left her room and knocked on the door of the one next to hers. No answer. Just more grunts that were accompanied with soft whimpers and words she didn't understand. Worry filled her and she bit her lip anxiously. She laid her hand on the doorknob and slowly opened the door. "Korra… are you okay…?" She asked softly but once she was inside, her question was answered.

Korra was lying in bed. Fighting with her sheets and the demons in her dream. "No… no please! No more! Stop!" Asami's eyes widened at the words and she quickly rushed to Korra's side.

She sat down on the bed's edge, unsure what to do. Should I wake her…? She swallowed hard but decided it was perhaps better if she did. She placed her hands on Korra's shoulders and gently shook her body. "Korra. Korra wake up. You're just dreaming."

It took a minute or two before Korra's eyes shot open wide. Shock and fear showing in those beautiful blue orbs. Sweat covered her face and she breathed shallow. Her entire body trembled in fear. "I'm here…" She whispered. One hand now resting on Korra's chest. Just above her heart. The other cupped her face. Tenderly caressing the tan and slightly damp skin. She felt Korra's heart beating like crazy and tears shimmered in her eyes. Close to overflowing and sliding down her cheeks. "It's okay Korra. It was just a dream."

Korra wasn't able to speak but her actions spoke louder. She sat up and her arms wrapped around Asami's torso. Holding Asami for dear life. Her face buried in the crook of her neck. The pale beauty wrapped her arms around her friend. Stroking her back with one hand. The other held the back of her head and was buried in soft, short, chestnut colored hair. She listened to Korra's shuddering, deep breaths.

The two stayed like this for several minutes more. Just holding one another. Every so often, Korra moved her head. Nuzzling even closer to the other woman. If it was even possible at that point. Her lips gently brushing over pale skin. The tip of her nose gently stroking Asami's jawline. Finally, she let out a deep sigh. "I miss you…"

Asami smiled sadly but her heart clenched. "I miss you too… but I wanted to respect your wish for space." She said softly. I love you, Korra… And she tightened her grip around the other woman just a bit more. Some seconds, or maybe hours later, Korra loosened her grip and slightly pulled back. Cupping Asami's face with both her hands. Their faces so close to one another that Asami felt Korra's hot breath on her lips. The urge to kiss those lips was overwhelming. It had been -so- long since they had shared such an intimate moment. So long since she had felt those lips on her own. But, if anything, Asami was patient.

"I'm sorry, Asami." Korra whispered. The words spoken so carefully. As if she was afraid they'd break if spoken too loud. "I'm so -so- sorry. I never…-"

Asami couldn't help it. Hearing her friend and former lover apologize. It broke her heart. She closed the gap between them and kissed her. Pouring every ounce of feeling into that one kiss. Her own face still cupped by Korra's hands. Her hands found their way as they had done before. Many weeks ago. Before everything happened. One rested in her hair. Entangling the silky strands of hair between her slender fingers. Her other hand rested on the small of Korra's back. Pulling the Southerner flush against her own body. Eyes closed to savor the moment, before it would all be over again.

The kiss was slow. Chaste. Sweet and so familiar. Far too soon to her liking, Korra pulled back for air. Her cheeks showing a dark red color. Hardly visible but the faint light that shone into the room from outside, still showed enough. Asami thought they would probably match her own flushed cheeks. The raven haired woman bit her lip anxiously. She had not respected Korra's wish for space. Overstepping a boundary. She just hoped that the damage could still be fixed with a sincere apology. Before she could utter a single word, lips were once again locked with her own. This kiss was deepened and when Asami felt Korra's tongue brush against her own, it was like that very first kiss all over again.

She let Korra lead this dance and was placed gently onto her back. The kiss never broken or interrupted. The younger woman settled between her legs. Lying comfortably on top. One of Asami's hands snuck behind Korra's head. Tears burned and broke free. Sliding down her face, they left a thin trail. She felt the woman on top pull back slightly. Her breath caught in her throat when she opened her eyes. Emeralds locked with sapphires. She cupped Korra's cheeks who let out a soft sob.

"I'm sorry. I want… I need you…these past few weeks taught me, how much I need you. I was an idiot…!" She growled in frustration. Asami just smiled warmly. Pulled her close and rolled them both on their side. Foreheads resting against one another and Korra let out a deep sigh. "After what happened, I thought I needed space." She continued and Asami just let her speak. Her hands tenderly stroking the skin of Korra's bare arms. "I thought staying away from you was best… but… in the end, you were the one who were able to calm me down. I thought hiding from the world was my best option." She pulled Asami closer, kissing her shoulder and neck swiftly. "Can you forgive me…?"

Asami just smiled. "No." With that, she felt Korra stiffen. "To me, there's nothing to forgive, Korra." She continued quickly and she felt Korra relax instantly. "You were hurt. We were attacked on the streets and you took the biggest beating…" She stopped for a moment and cleared her throat. "I love you… it broke my heart that…" Her voice gave out and she wasn't able to continue. Korra just wrapped her arms around the mechanic and held her close. Whispering words of love and comfort while Asami sobbed.

Finally, after a few minutes, the sobbing died down to an occasional sniffle. "Let's start over… okay?" She managed to say once her voice was stable enough and Korra could only agree to that.

"Would you…" Korra bit her lip shyly. "Can you stay…?" She asked carefully.

"My my… Korra. I'm not the kind of girl that steps into bed with anyone on the first date."

Korra's turned an even darker shade of red and her eyes widened. "Wait…! No I…!-" She tried but Asami just giggled.

"I'm just kidding, you dork… of course I'll stay." She said and pulled the covers up. Korra let out a sigh of relief. "Be my big spoon?"

The Southerner just nodded and Asami turned around. Her back against Korra's warm chest. Both sighed in content and giggled afterwards. Korra snuggled against the back of Asami's neck. Kissing porcelain skin once the black strands of hair were out of her way. "I love you, Sami…" She whispered and tightened her hold onto the other woman for a moment, before relaxing again.

"Love you too, Korra." She answered back. Her hands resting on Korra's. Squeezing them every so often. Her thumbs stroking soft skin as both women drifted back into the world of dreams.