Gamers

Gamers: Korra and Asami play the same MMORPG and have been best friends for years. There's just one problem: they're falling in love and have never met.

Rated: T

Note: dps stands for 'damage per second.' A term used with computer games to describe the average rate of damage inflicted over time.

"Seriously, what kind of a handle is that?"

Korra frowned at the judgmental voice over her headset. She had played this game with Asami for years and every time they raided she had to point out Korra's handle.

"Screw you, at least I'm proud of my heritage." Korra replied with a dismissive snort.

"Being proud of your heritage and naming yourself 'Water Tribe Stallion' are two different things entirely."Asami said with a chuckle.

"'Sami, it's been my handle for years."

"Yes, I know. As your best friend of several years, I feel the need to point out that it sounds silly."

"Wait. You've only ever seen me over our vid chats; so how do know I'm not a total Southern babe? ."

"Because it's you and you're not cute." Asami said playfully.

Korra frowned and unboxed her newly purchased expansion pack.

"Are you going to log into the game? The guys aren't around and I want my tank." Asami mumbled around a mouthful of food.

"Put the Fire Flakes down and hold your sky bison. I just got the new expansion."

"It's about damn time. We've had to put off our raiding schedule waiting for you."

"Look, I'm sorry. It takes a while stuff to get shipped down here. I live on a giant block of ice. Not like you fancy Republic City folks with your gentler climates." Korra said with an exaggerated drawl. She pulled the expansion disk out of the box and smiled. She loaded it into her computer and opened the MMO. "I just popped the disk in, so it'll probably be a little bit."

"I just popped the disk in, so it'll probably be a little bit."

Asami sighed softly so the mic wouldn't pick it up. She bit her lip and tried to work up the courage to tell Korra about her upcoming plans.

"So, you know how I'm going on that business trip?" Asami said carefully.

"Yeah."

"Um, it's in the South."

Korra was quiet on the other end. "You're coming to the South?"

"Yeah."

"That's awesome! The Spirit Festival is coming up. You have to see it. You'll love it." The younger woman went on excitedly. "I'll send you a list of things you should do if you have the time. Every town and village does something, so you'll be set."

"Or…you could take me." Asami said quietly.

She bit her lip as she was met with silence on the other end.