Korrasami Drabbles: pt 7 New Years

She watched the fireworks go off in the distance. Explosions of all kinds of beautiful colors and shapes. Asami had always enjoyed the fireworks at this time of the year. Although never bothered to actually do it herself. She enjoyed watching it more than participating in it. So she stood there. Watching. A glass of red wine in hand.

Memories of the year that had passed came bubbling to the surface. A gentle smile on her lips. So many things had happened. Good and bad. She decided to hold onto the good ones and not dwell on the bad ones. She sipped her wine when an image of Korra came to mind. Along with Tenzin's family. It had happened this December. They were all at Air Temple Island. No special reason. Just a visit. There had not been any snow so far that month. She and Korra were on the ferry with Naga. When the white flakes slowly started to descent from the sky.

Asami loved snow, but mostly from the inside of her warm home. She blamed it on her fire nation side of the family. But that day, Korra convinced her into participating in a snow ball fight. Asami agreed, but only if she could be in her team. Korra had agreed and snowballs were flying back and forth in no time. She and Korra tried their best but against four airbending kids, they were quickly buried in snow. Asami became a shivering, teeth chattering mess in the end. She was brought inside quickly put in front of the fireplace, with a warm blanket around her. Korra had settled next to her under said blanket. Even though the blanket did help, it was her girlfriend that warmed her up most of all.

The CEO of Future Industries let out a soft giggle. That hadn't actually been that long ago. Just a few weeks. She put her glass aside and hugged herself. She only wore her sleeping dress for the moment. Her hand that touched the bare skin of her arm brought another memory up. One that made her blush. Korra and she had been together for two years now but this memory had taken place at new year's eve last year. It was the first time that they had been intimate. They were each others first and, boy, they were nervous.

That night wasn't much different from this one. She had been standing near the window, like she did now. When Korra had approached her from behind. Warm hands had touched Asami's bare arms sending a shiver down her spine. Korra's strong arms around her frame. Soft lips kissing her shoulder. They had been together a little over a year back then. Both had their share of alcohol. Not that they were extremely drunk, just tipsy. They had managed to get to the bed while they kissed and removed each others clothes.

Once they stumbled onto the mattress, their nerves got the better of both of them. After some minutes of silly fondling and bumping accidently into one another, they decided it was better to wait until they were both sober. They made up more than once the next morning. Both agreed that it had been worth the wait.

Asami's eyes widened and the faint blush on her cheeks became a darker shade of red. She bit her lip at the memory of their first time together. Korra may be the all powerful Avatar… but in bed she became a whimpering, squirming, moaning mess while Asami's hand (and mouth) worked wonders on her delightful body. On the other hand, the engineer was sure that it was the other way around just as much. The image of Korra's head buried between her pale thighs send a shiver right down her spine and settled between her legs.

Pure thoughts Asami… come on… She took a deep, calming breath. Successfully calming her racing heart. She giggled at her own silliness and looked around the room. Korra's things being scattered all over the place. Boots near the door. Parka thrown over a seat. The Avatar, no matter how powerful, was sloppy. Leaving a mess wherever she went. Asami didn't mind. She was happy to have her girlfriend around no matter the mess she made. It reminded her of the day Korra moved in with her. It had happened in July. The hottest month of the year. The Southerner was all sweaty and her clothes pretty much soaked after she was done. Needless to say, when Korra went to take a shower, Asami joined in. To make sure that every inch of Korra was cleaned properly, of course…