Goal

Korra and Asami are a fabulous soccer duo, but find themselves struggling with goals outside of the game as well.

Rated: T

(Tumblr Prompt)

"Alright! Good practice ladies, but good is not great." Coach Lin Bei Fong called out entering the locker room. "Opal, you let two goals in. I want that fixed. I don't care if you have to bend the air itself, you will not let any of those bastards score in our game tomorrow! If you do, I hope you like running suicides!"

Opal sighed and hit her forehead on her locker. Korra leaned over and patted her on the back supportively.

"Aya, you were on fire out there. Keep it up." Lin made her way into the locker room, tapping her pen to her clipboard. "Now, Korra and Asami, we're going against the Rabbaroos tomorrow so you two need to be on the top of your game. If you two screw up I will have your asses. You will not lose me this championship match."

Korra saluted in a comical manner and Lin frowned. She raised her clipboard and smacked her on the head. Korra rubbed her head and opened her mouth to speak, but an elbow to the ribs from Asami stopped that. Asami simply nodded at Bei Fong.

"Alright, you all rest up. I want a victory tomorrow." She said sternly as she walked to her office in the locker room.

Opal groaned when Lin's office door closed. "We're related, you would think she'd be nicer to me." She said pathetically.

"You know how she is." Korra said rubbing her head indignantly. "Ugh. She keeps hitting me."

"Well, if you weren't such a smart ass she wouldn't." Aya said, putting her hands on her hips. "You kind of deserve it sometimes."

Korra feigned insult and Aya laughed. Korra raked her eyes over to Asami. "Why aren't you defending me?"

"Because she's right." Asami replied with an undignified snort.

"Oh, ha ha." Korra said punching Asami playfully.

Asami stuck her tongue out at Korra. Opal chuckled at the interaction and Aya threw her hands up.

"I swear, you two just need to get married already." She said while shaking her head. "It's been, what, three years?"

"Five." Asami said as she changed shirts. "I was eighteen and she was seventeen when we started dating."

"Damn. That long?" Opal mumbled. "I can't keep a boyfriend for more than six months. Five years sounds like an eternity."

"Well, we were friends when we were kids." Korra said. "After a while I feel for her and she just got desperate."

Asami swatted at Korra. Aya raised an eyebrow skeptically.

"Asami? Desperate? Have you seen her? If we were both single and into women, I'd probably let her seduce me." Aya said with an exaggerated wink.

"Who said you needed to be single and into women?" Asami replied with an arched brow.

"Hey!" Korra pouted.