Graduation: College AU

Asami is about to graduate and Korra is late...

Asami was a calm, rational person. Even in the middle of this important day, she should be calm. However, she was anything but composed. She gulped as it was her row's turn to stand and claim their diplomas.

'Calm down, Asami. You're a Sato. You can handle a little pressure.'

But walking in front of a crowd was nothing new to her. She had given many lectures on her journey to get her master's degree in engineering. She looked into the stands and smiled at her father. No, it wasn't the crowd that bothered her. It was her girlfriend, who was still nowhere to be seen. She glanced around the open field, hoping to see her running in any second now.

'That idiot. She said her game would end before the ceremony even started!'

Anger started seeping into her. She took a calming breath. She couldn't let herself get angry, especially since it probably wasn't Korra's fault. 'Remember all the good she's done.'

Asami anxiously took a sip of her iced coffee. Nothing was better to start her day. She was about to push open the door when a tan, hot girl dashed in. The girl hadn't paid attention and ran into the engineer, spilling her drink everywhere. She gasped as cold liquid ran down the front of her clothes and the other girl fell to the floor.

Asami sighed and reached over for some napkins to dry her now wet jeans. The girl quickly hopped onto her feet and grabbed more napkins to help. "I-I'm so sorry! It was an accident! I-I…"

Their faces were a few inches apart. A blush came across the girl's face and quickly dropped a bunch of napkins on the floor and dashed back out of the shop.

Asami watched in amusement as the girl nervously ran away. She chuckled and finished cleaning up. Even though she too had blushed at the closeness, she had noticed that the girl had dark bags under her eyes. She looked through the window once she had a new drink. She then wondered back to the tan beauty from earlier. 'She was pretty cute. I hope she's okay though.'

Asami took a deep breath and continued rambling on about equations and mechanics of the latest engineering technology. Some of the students were eagerly writing notes while others struggled to keep up and eventually quit writing notes.

Suddenly the back door to the lecture room creaked open and a tan woman poked her head in. The girl smirked as Asami stuttered her current sentence before stopping completely to stare at her. The students who had given up trying to keep up with her looked back and forth between them before rushing to write down what they could remember of the lecture before it picked up again.

Asami's astonishment turned into irritation and she turned around to the board, continuing to show the class how to do the equation. Some of the students groaned as she returned to her fast pace before dropping their pencils again. She quickly dismissed the class after taking any questions about the homework. She huffed as she started packing up her folders when she heard someone hop down the center aisle and jump into a seat. Asami looked up and saw that girl smirking at her again.

"What're you doing here?" Asami asked.

The girl smiled. "Am I not allowed to sit in on a lecture?