Present

Synopsis: Shila and Korra try and find the perfect present for Asami's birthday.

Rated: T

Korra's eyes slid shut and she inhaled deeply. She clasped her hands and began to slip into a deep meditation.

"Mommy?"

The Avatar sighed and opened her eyes. "Yes, sweetie?"

"Isn't Mama's birthday coming up?"

Korra turned to face her daughter. "Yes, it is."

"How old is she going to be?"

"Thirty."

"Mama doesn't seem happy."

"She's not, she feels like she's getting old."

The seven year old frowned. She sat down next to Korra and crossed her legs to mimic Korra's position. "Would a nice present make her feel better?"

"Probably not, sweetie." Korra said, ruffling Shila's hair.

"She wouldn't want a present from me?" Shila asked with a slightly hurt expression.

Korra's eyes widened. "Oh, Shila, that's not what I meant." The Avatar pulled her daughter into her lap. "It's not that she wouldn't like a gift from you, she's just having a hard time dealing with getting older."

"What could we get her?"

"Well, it would be difficult getting her something she doesn't already have." Korra tapped her chin thoughtfully. "Plus, it would be her money we spent."

Shila threw her hands up. "We could make her something!"

"Like what?"

"Those bracelets Gran Gran taught me to make!" Shila looked up at Korra. "Would she wear it?"

Korra tapped her chin thoughtfully. "She might. That honestly seems like a good idea."

Shila jumped up and pulled Korra with her. "Come on, Mommy, let's go!"

Asami pulled into the Sato compound and sighed. These twelve hour days were becoming too much. She eyed the stack of paperwork in the passenger seat and rubbed the bridge of her nose, another late night in her home office.

She raised her eyebrows when she saw her workshop door open and the lights on. She shut her Satomobile lights off and proceeded slowly.

She parked a decent distance away and got out. She walked to her workshop carefully, as to not be discovered.

She raised an eyebrow when she saw Shila and Korra bent over a workbench using her leather tools. She noticed that Korra had been mixing traditional dyes.

"Mommy, it's not turning out right." Shila said in a frustrated tone.

"Yes, I know." Korra grunted. "We'll figure this out."