The White Heather & Purple Lilac

Korra stood at the door of Asami's apartment on the edge of downtown Republic City, tugging nervously at the piercings in the cartilage and lobes of both her ears with her left hand; pulling her wolf-tails in irritation as she paced back and forth at the CEO's door, contemplating whether or not she should actually go through with this.

She had climbed up the stairs to the 13th floor, which was the top floor, and was out of breath. She held a bouquet of flowers that she bought at 'Jane's Flower Shop' in her right hand behind her back.

She took a deep breath and took half a step back to think. "Come on, Korra…" She whispered under her breath, trying to reassure herself of what she was about to do. "You didn't spend a shit-ton of yuans on clothes just to not do anything… Not to mention spending a whole hour and more yuans picking out flowers that express your feelings toward this girl…" She said with an annoyed sigh, more at herself than at her actions.

Jane, the owner of the flower shop, had told Korra each of the flowers representation. The bouquet consisted of Amaryllis's, which represent splendid beauty, as well as worth beyond beauty.

The Red Carnations signify deep love for one and symbolizes passion and admiration; love and longing.

The Red Chrysanthemums express love, while the white Chrysanthemums symbolize truth and trustworthy love.

The Purple Lilacs exemplify first love. Oh, yes! First love. The very first love Korra has ever had, besides a few disturbing crushes on the young White Lotus Sentries when she was 15 years old and living at the compound in the South Pole. But this is her first ever age appropriate love and she didn't wanna fuck it up. So she also bought a single, white Heather which symbolizes protection and indicates that her wishes will come true, or at least go as smoothly as possible.

Before buying the flowers, Korra had first spent her yuans on clothes that aren't threadbare and scorched with fire. She went for a quick in-and-out shopping trip at an 'all nation's store' in the Dragon Flats area that carried clothes from all four nations, as well as modern garb that's all the hype in Republic City.

She had walked into the store and instantly inhaled the scent of the same shit every clothing store washes their new inventory in. It's kind of satisfying, but satisfying in that of which you play with a loose tooth: you like the pain it causes when you push on it, but the consequences come to bite you in the ass a few minutes later.

As Korra walked around the section labeled 'Traditional Southern Water Tribe', she thought she should get some of the modern clothing. You know? Just to see the smile on Asami's face when she notices the dully dressed Avatar has some fashion sense. Spirits, Korra loved that smile of hers; just so full of mirth and pure joy.

Korra spots a blue tank-top with an intricate design of a skull with deep, black eyes and a lit cigarette hanging loosely from its sharp, rotten teeth printed in front profile in the middle of the fabric, along with a dead rose being choked with its own stems on the lower back. It was, in Korra's words, "disturbingly awesome."

She then purposely picked out a pair of dark blue, faded jeans that were 1 size too big for her because she hated the way normal sized jeans hugged her legs, they gave her less mobility. That's why she intentionally chooses baggier jeans, because if she gets in a fight, which she highly doubts but it could happen, she'll have more movement. But then again, she's probably just too stubborn to stray from the roomy feel of her Water Tribe sweat-pants.