C H A P T E R 18

As Y/n waited for BEN to arrive for another training session, she looked at the trees around her, losing herself in their thoughts. They thought to the glitch, who, to Y/n, was a very confusing being. While his attitude was laid back, almost uncaring, his looks were terrifying. Y/n had gotten mostly used to them, but if he were to sneak up on her, she would definitely clock him. Not to mention, his looks were just downright surreal. He looked as if he could be in a fever dream.

However, he was nothing like Jeff. The smiling killer genuinely spooked Y/n in all forms. Because, unlike BEN, not only was Jeff unsettling to look at, but he also had a shit attitude. One too long stare could probably set him off completely. She'd have to make sure to keep her boundaries with Jeff to avoid any problems.

"Y/n?" BEN waved a hand in front of the girl's face, trying to catch her attention. How she had gotten into such deep thought in the short time that he was gone was a mystery to the glitch.

Sighing once, he let his hand fall to his side walking only a couple of feet away from Y/n. Picking up a small rock, the blond inspected it, making sure it wasn't too rough nor sharp.

THWACK!

"Fuck!"

Y/n instinctively brought her hand up to grab her shoulder, the pain of the impact apparent. A smile formed onto BENs face at Y/n's pain, stuffing his hands back into his pockets.

"Fuck was that for?"

"I've been here for at least 2 minutes and you didn't notice me at all. The fuck are you thinking of?" He asked. Y/n stood straight, dusting off their clothes and murmuring a small apology. BEN let out a sigh, pushing a hand through this hair.

"Anyways, I brought someone to train with you today. A change, if you will." BEN told, a hint of deviousness coating his words. Y/n furrowed her eyebrows, wondering as to who it would be.

Suddenly, she felt her brain get wary of all her surroundings, as if something were to jump at her any second. The girl looked around the area, seeing for any form of shifts.

It was only until a shadow formed above her did Y/n look up, her stomach dropping immediately.

A blue mask looked down on her, the eye sockets void of any eyes. Instead, black goop ran down from it, clinging on to his mask as it trailed downwards. She forced herself to swallow the fear that resided in her throat, not allowing herself to show any sort of fear.

"Y/n, meet Eyeless Jack."

~

"Fuck..." Y/n murmured, pressing an ice pack to her now bruised jaw. BEN floated just above her shoulder, eyes taking in the bruise.

"So, what did you think?" The girl threw him a snarky glance, her lips turned downward.

"Oh, I thought it was all peaches and roses- what the fuck do you think?" BEN snickered, finding amusement in her pain.

"If you want I can give you pain medication-"

"HOLY SHIT-"

Y/n jolted from the unintentional scare, causing BEN to laugh even more. Eyeless Jack stood there silent, looking down to the girl who now had one hand on her heart. It wasn't the first time he'd scared someone accidentally.

"Sorry." Y/n looked up at him, straightening herself. Eyeless Jack's voice was unnaturally deep. However, Y/n didn't dwell too hard on that, as it was clear to her that Eyeless Jack wasn't a natural being as a whole.

"It's fine, I'll work with the pain. I mean, if I'm going to live here, I'm going to need to deal with it." She answered, mumbling the last bit under her breath. They both, however, heard her clearly, allowing BEN to grin from ear to ear.

"That's the spirit! Now go shower, you smell awful."

"Can you like, die?"

"Shut up, we're both dead. Now go." He shooed her away, earning a scowl from Y/n. She quickly made her way to her bedroom, grumbling about how shitty BEN was.

Out of instinct, Y/n grabbed their phone to check the time and their notifications. This led to her sitting on her bed for another 15 minutes, scrolling mindlessly through her phone.

On accident she opened the messages app, and a small wave of sadness hit them as they looked at all the messages from their old acquaintances. She wondered if any of them would remember her. Most likely they'd spare her a thought, but anything else wasn't promised.

What a loser she was.

The random number near the top of the list of chats made Y/n raise a brow, trying to pinpoint who it was.

'Oh, that weirdo from the mall.'

She contemplated blocking him, as there wasn't much communication happening between the two of them. Plus, what would she even say to him?

As if out of habit, Y/n's thumb hit the small picture icon, opening their camera roll. It was mostly a bunch of satirical memes, ones that weren't meant to be taken seriously and would usually make people think that she was cringey. One in particular was of Ed Sheeran in that one flower crown filter, complemented with a dumb caption.

It was so stupidly perfect. Y/n pressed on it and sent it, a smile on their lips. They then realized what they had done and widened their eyes, quick to type out an apology.

Y/n
Sorry, wrong person.

A long minute passed, the ghost about to put her phone down and take a shower when suddenly, the resilient of the message read the message.

XXX-XXX-XXXX is typing...

. . .

1.29.2023: finally edited this bro. Okay I'd like to think this is better but whatever. ALSO NEXT CHAPTER WONT MAKE SENSE IF UR READING THIS BEFORE ITS EDITED (I'll delete this message when it's finally edited. )

Semi-Edited

-Blxrrii