C H A P T E R 62

It was dark out. Like, 3 in the morning dark. And Y/n being the night owl she is, couldn't sleep. She soon got bored of scrolling through her phone and got out of bed to take a walk. She put on a hoodie, which was Masky's that he forgot to take back, her phone and earbuds. She jumped out her window and dusted herself off, starting to walk.

She let her feet wander itself, and ended up at the beach. It was really pretty at night time. The moon illuminated the land, the slight rustle of leaves, and the water moving soothingly. It was a beautiful site to see really.

Y/n walked along the shore line, her heart thumping loudly in her ears. She took her earbuds off and put the hood of the hoodie up, taking in the smell. The smell she loved so fucking much. The smell she wants to be wrapped up in so badly. The smell that had her swooning so fucking hard.

She stuffed her hands in her pockets and slowed her walking a tad bit. Her feet coming in contact with the sand. She let out a shaky breath and closed her eyes. She stopped walking when she heard footsteps nearing her, and her breath hitched when she realised who it was.

"Why aren't you fucking asleep?" The voice asked.

"I wasn't tired." She replied shortly. Silence fell between the two of them before Y/n started shifting.

"Here's your hoodie back, sorry I forgot to give it back to you." She said, handing the hoodie back to him. Masky hesitantly took it back and watched Y/n stare at the moon.

"Do you think the moon ever gets lonely?" Y/n asked abruptly.

"What?"

"What if the Moon really likes the Sun, but the Sun cares more about the Earth. And the Moon doesn't know the Earth too well so they can't find out what is so much better about them. Do you think the Sun would be clueless to the Moon's feelings?" She ranted.

"Y/n?" He whispered to her.

"Now take that same story except now...I'm t-the Moon this time." Her voice cracked. Masky's heart panged and he pulled her into a hug. Y/n buried her head into his chest and let out sniffles, indicating she had started to cry. Masky had said nothing, only caressing her head and held her tighter. Because seeing her cry was way too unbearable for him to even imagine.

"M-Masky?" She hiccuped out.

"Yes?

"Why?"

"You help me I help you."

"Thank you." She whispered. Masky gave a small kiss on her head that was too delicate and gentle to be able to be felt. He could feel her tears staining his shirt, but didn't mind it at all. What more on his mind was who her crush could be, and how they could ignore her for some other person. He personally thought that the person didn't deserve her at all.

He hadn't noticed until now but Y/n fell asleep, standing. Masky took this as an opportunity to kiss her head properly. He put the hoodie on her again because as much as he didn't want to admit it, he loved it when she wore his hoodies.

He propped her on his back and started walking back, making sure to not get caught. He put her in her room and closed the door.

~

Y/n woke up and checked the time. 10 a.m. It was an okay time to wake up. She got up and went to the bathroom. She noticed she was wearing Masky's hoodie and the events from last night replayed in her mind. And she made her mind up-

She was not going to leave this bedroom.

It would be too embarrassing for her to even see anyone. And that's what she does most days anyways.