C H A P T E R 24

Toby's POV

That fucking bitch. Who the hell is she to make fun of me. Goddamnit I could've killed her right then and there, but slender just had to stop me.

Slender had then wrapped a tentacle over my body and pulled me upside down near his face.

"Child I know you're upset, but she is telling the truth." Slender had spoke in a calm manner, though was very serious.

"Yeah, because all humans can contact the fucking dead." I answered, obvious sarcasm in my voice. The tentacle that was around me wrapped tighter, most likely because I cursed. I wasn't really one to curse near Slender, but when I got mad or aggravated, I didn't care who I was in front of.

"That's because she isn't human." The tall figure in front of me confessed. I froze for a second, then looked up at him. He put me down on the floor, and I sat in a chair to let him talk. Not human?

~After the explanation.~

I stared at the creature in front of me, wide eyed. What the hell was happening this past week?

"Tobias, I know it's a lot to take in, I understand if you need some time to process this." Slender had commented, an obvious cover up for him wanting me to leave his office. I nod and leave the room.

When I get out, I see Y/n sitting there, knees up with her head buried in them.

"Uh, h-hey Y/n." I spoke out. She jolted up, not knowing I was there.

"God Toby, You scared me!" The h/c girl huffed out. I chuckled.

"Want to walk to our rooms?" I asked, a bit awkwardly. She nods in agreement.

Y/N's POV

We walk in silence, nothing screamed awkward more than this.

"I'm guessing that Slender already told you about my power?" I asked, breaking the heavy silence.

"Yeah he did." He mumbled, making us go back to our silence. Gosh why are these stairs so long.

After what seemed like forever, Toby spoke up again.

"Sorry for attempting to hurt you. I just, I got so mad. Lyra was everything to me. She was the only person I could run to back then." He confessed.

"Oh no, I totally get it. When my parents died, I was heartbroken. I felt like it was my fault. And living with those bastard of people overtime messed with me mentally, physically, socially, and emotionally. I know it's nothing compared to you're past, but well, we all have our pasts." I added.

"Well, I have to go find Masky and annoy him. I'll see you around!" The brown haired boy chirped. I chuckled and bid my goodbyes.

"Oh hey, Toby?" I spoke, my back to him. He hummed in response.

"Lyra really does love you. She's really proud of you." I confessed just before closing the door to my room, leaving him in the hallway.

Later that night~

Once again, not being able to sleep, you stayed up. You tossed and turned in bed, giving up after getting the idea of going on your phone. You were at first watching youtube videos, then reading some short stories, and then the internet spiral happened. You were on the dark internet, looking at things a ghost and phantom could do. Seeing some of the stuff got you intrigued, and you decided, on the cold but clear night, to go out and try some of the stuff.

You put on a f/c hoodie, and tiptoed through the mansion, you're socks making a soft sound on the ground. You got to the main entrance, and put on the shoes that you were holding. you then pull your hoodie up and slowly turned the knob. Once fully outside, you go to a clearing in the woods and take a sigh.

Y/n's POV

Now where to start? Well the article said that they could make their hands smoke up. So let's try that. I open the article once again, and see a description of what the smoking hand would feel like. It would have a small burning sensation, but would feel like you're evaporating. So I imagined the feeling, and sure enough, it happened. Won't this be fun.

Two Hours Later

I sat there, panting. I don't think I've done this much in a while. I learned stuff like how to teleport and how it works to other stuff like making small balls of darkness. It was pretty interesting actually.

My power is based on the dark. I could use the darkness to my advantage. Teleporting? It would be from one area that was dark to another. I could also do really dangerous stuff, like open portals to other dimensions, but I didn't get how to trigger it so I left it.

It was starting to light up outside, so I teleported to my room. I took a shower, and put on some clothes. I then laid in bed scrolling through my phone, eventually falling asleep. It was funny though;

I learned the most without anyone helping me.

. . .

Here is a chapter for you guys. Sorry for the wait! This is a shorter chapter then the others but I wanted to update for you guys asap!! Also, thank you all for the votes and comments and reads!! I never thought I would surpass 100 reads, and look at this story now! Over 2k reads. But as always, I'll see you guys next chapter. Bye Clouds!! Unedited

-Blxrry