C H A P T E R 38

Y/n's POV

"Hmm," She puts her finger on her chin then does an over exaggerated gasp.

"You should do two braided pigtails!" She squeals. I nod and start brushing Y/n's hair.

"I'm going to get Mister Death, I'll be right back." The small girl tells as she leaves. The two of us then sat in silence.

"So how do you know how to do hair. You don't seem like the type." You asked.

"My mom was a hairdresser. I guess she taught me a thing or two." He admitted.

"That's cool."

"What about your family?"

"Well I was really young so I don't remember, but I think my dad worked at an office and my mom was a stay at home mom."

"And your adoptive parents?"

"They worked a business together, why?"

"No reason, just wanted to know."

"So what was your mom like?" I ask. He went silent. Sally came in and he finished my hair then left without a word. Did I say something wrong?

Sally looked at me and squealed very loud, almost breaking my eardrums. I laughed a bit at her expression. All of a sudden she pouted, giving me a worried look.

"Aw, I have to go and get ready. Me and Lazari are having a tea party. I'll see you later though!" She reassured. I waved her a goodbye. She was about to leave but then ran up to me and held me in a tight hug. I was surprised but hugged her back. She then left and I changed out of my outfit but left my hair be. I then laid on my bed and thought of all the possibilities. Was it because I brought his family up?

"I've been knocking for like 5 mi- hey are you good?" She cut herself off. I looked herself and gave her a ghost of a smile.

"I'm fine. I was just deep in thought." I said. She gave a concerned look, still not fully convinced. She then shook the feeling off.

"Can I paint your nails?" She asked. I smiled and nodded.

After picking a color and pattern, she got started. I talked to her while she worked. I asked why she didn't do it herself, to which she responded that she didn't like painting her nails.

After a while she started cleaning up, Toby came in.

"Hey Y/n have you seen Clock- Oh you're here."

"Hey." She mumbles.

"What are you guys doing?" He asked

"Clockwork just finished painting my nails." You chipped in. Toby rolled his eyes to leave but you stopped him.

"You want to paint a nail?" You asked jokingly and he once again rolled his eyes. But when going to leave, he instead joined. You started laughing like crazy.

Later

You got downstairs and sat on your couch, your head throbbing terribly. You sat on the couch until you couldn't take it anymore. You got up and left to outside.

You sat on a log taking in the cool nighttime air until you heard a rustle. You got up and got into a fighting stance.

"What's a pretty girl like you doing here alone~" A man came out. He seemed to be in his late thirties. He was clearly drunk.

"Hey, what's with the sad face? I know what'll cheer you up~" He slurred. He went up to you and touched your thigh. You widen your eyes and kicked him where the sun doesn't shine and he stumbled back and fell on the floor. You took a sharp branch and squatted to his level and put the branch to his throat. You reacted to a sadistic smile to his scared face. You turned into your ghost form. (You sort of look like Kurogi but way scarier.) You then killed and ate his soul.

You went back to your human form and immediately noticed your headache gone. You thought for a moment then put the pieces together. You went inside the mansion and hurried up the stairs to see Slender.

You knock on the door and he tells you to come in.

"Hello child."

"Hello sir. There is something I'd like to talk about."

"I'm listening."

"Well for my power I think that I'm not just a half ghost, but some sort of demon possess me also. And just like humans, they need to eat. The food they need to eat, though, is souls. The more scared the person is the better the soul fulfills the demon. If I go too long without a soul, I get weaker. I'm not certain what happens when this demon gets completely hungry, though." You finish. It goes quiet for a while before he speaks up.

"I would like to test this theory of yours."

. . .

Hey everyone!! I'm back to writing!! I would've came sooner but I got writer's block and I just didn't feel like giving you a crappy chapter, even though this chapter is. But I promise the next chapter will be super good!! I'll see you next chapter. Bye Clouds!! Unedited

-Blxrry