I

Chapter one

•Morgan•

"You wanted to see me?" I waltz into my fathers home office, lounging on the brown, leather couch to the right.

"Yes, Morgan", my father says, typing away on his computer. "I have a job for you", he stops typing and looks towards me.

"Oh, cool. What do I need to do?" I pull out my phone while still listening.

"Well, how do I put this", he pauses. "You need to get someone to fall in love with you... and then kill them". My eyes immediately leave my phone screen and meet my father's gaze, searching for any hint of humour, proving that this is a joke. However, much to my dismay, he is serious.

I chuckle, nervously. "You're joking". He shakes his head. "No. You're not serious", I stand, walking over to his desk.

"I'm sorry, Mor-", I hold a finger up to silence him, shaking my head as I stare at the desk.

"I'm not doing it", I take a step back, staring back at my father, as if daring him to argue with me.

"Mija", he starts.

I shake my head, backing up towards the door. "Nope". I stop as I reach the door, slowly opening it as I run down the hall. "Michael!" I yell frantically. "Mike!"

Michael is one of our many guards. He's my favourite of them all, acting as the older brother I've never had. "Morgan? What's the matter?" He walks over to me from the living room.

"Morgan!" My father walks over to the both of us. "Good morning, Michael", he briefly nods at Michael.

"Good morning", he nods back. "So, what's this all about?" He glances between my father and I.

"Morgan is refusing her newest task", my father nods down at me. I glare daggers at the side of his head as he turns back to Michael.

"Which is?"

"He's making me make someone fall in love with me! And- and then, I have to kill them" I exclaim, before my father has a chance to answer.

"Why are you mad? That won't be hard for you", Michael reasons.

"Dude", I whine. "You're supposed to be on my side".

"Mija", my father turns to me. "I'll give you a few hours to wake up properly and eat breakfast, and then we shall discuss this in my office".

"Fine", I grumble, walking off in the direction of the kitchen to make myself me breakfast.

"Miss Rivero, let me help you", one of our members of staff walks over to me. "I can cook for you".

"Kerry, how many times do I have to tell you? You don't need to call me that, call me Morgan", she smiles, sheepishly at me. "And honestly, I'll cook. You can go and take a rest".