XLIX

(im sorry i forgot about thanksgiving, im not american)

Chapter forty nine

•Morgan•

Today is finally the day.

Christmas.

I decorated the house with a huge Christmas tree, Christmas lights around the tree and the stairs, and additional decorations all around the house, much to Romeo's dismay.

I wake up early, jumping up into a sitting position on the bed. Romeo's asleep on his stomach, facing away from me. "Babe", I whisper.

That's it Morgan, whispering to someone when they're sleeping is a great idea.

"Babeee", I drawl, jumping slightly. He groans, turning his head to face me.

"Yes?" He squints at me, a small smile appearing on his face.

"It's Christmas!"

"Yeah, baby", he reaches his arm out to wrap around me, but he can't reach so he just rests it on my thigh.

"Come open the gifts I got you", I stand up, walking over to the closet to change into my Christmas sweater.

"Babe, we can do that later. Please come back to bed", I hesitate before slowly crawling back in beside him. He wraps his arm around me, holding me close. "Five more minutes", he mutters.

"Five more minutes my ass", I mutter, almost two hours later. "Babe", I ruffle his hair. "It's almost 11, can we get up now?"

"Okay", he lifts his head up before yawning.

"Yay", I stand up, walking over to the closet. "Wear this", I throw him a matching Christmas sweater. "That's one gift".

He chuckles as he puts it on, "okay".

We both brush our teeth and I fix my hair before I drag Romeo into the living room. "Look, isn't it pretty?"
I turn the Christmas tree lights on.

"Yeah, it looks great, babe".

"Do you want coffee? I'm going to make a coffee before we start", he follows me into the kitchen as I begin to make myself a coffee.

"Yes, please", he sits at the island, watching me as I make them.

"Okay, let's go", I hand him his mug once I've finished making it.

"Don't forget we're going to my parents' later", he reminds me as I sit next to the tree, on the floor, and he sits on the couch. "My aunts, uncles and cousins are going to be there, too".

As I'm about to reply, there's a knock at the door. "I come baring gifts", Max barges in. "You guys started without me?" He feigns being sad.

"Merry Christmas, Max", I turn to him as he places the gifts on the ground.