XIV

Chapter fourteen

•Romeo•

Ring..

Ring...

Ring....

"Sorry, can't come to the phone right now—"

Ring..

Ring...

Ring....

"Sorry, can't come to the—"

Ring..

Ring...

Ring....

"Sorry, can't—"

"I swear to god Max, answer your damn phone", I pick up the pen holder on my desk, throwing it across the room, causing all of the pens to fall out.

I'm now back at my office. After 'talking' with Morgan, I decided to stay in my home office for the night, trying to figure out where he could be. But after many hours, I decided it would be better to work in my actual office, so here I am.

"He's so fucking stupid", I mutter to myself.

"Who is?" My head snaps to the door where Max and I's best friend appears.

"Josh? What are you doing here?" I walk over to him, doing the bro-handshake. Max and I have known Joshua since we were in high school. Junior year, he was the new kid; he always ate alone so Max and I decided to sit with him one day, bringing us to where we are now. He's not apart of our mafia however, he knows all about it. Instead, he decided to travel. He works as a photojournalist, meaning he has to travel anyway, which is what makes the job perfect for him. He's quite tall, slightly taller than me; he's light skinned and has brown, curly hair.

"I was told that something happened and I had to come back", he takes a seat in my desk chair, spinning around in it like a little kid. "Someone called me".

"Wait.. who called you?"

"I don't know. Some random number", he takes his phone out of his pocket, showing me the number. I send the number to my phone, checking if it's anyone from the office, or anyone I might know.

"What the hell?" I mumble under my breath. "I don't know who called you, but this could help", I hand him his phone back.

"Okay... help with what?", he questions. "Oh wait, where's Max?"

"Well, that's why you're here... I'm guessing. I don't know who called you but they could help us with our problem", he looks at me, confused. "Max is missing".

"What?" He turns to me. "No, you're lying. What the hell?"

"Why the fuck would I lie?"

"I don't know, sorry", he rubs his forehead. "How will we find him?"