III

Chapter three

•Morgan•

I wake up in my new room, sitting up slowly. I use my phone for a while, until I hear a knock at the door. "Come in".

"I've got someone to take you to the mall", Romeo walks in, wearing a black suit, not taking his eyes off of his phone. "You can wear this shirt and these sweatpants; they're too small for me and might fit you", he finally looks up at me. "I'm going to work".

"Thanks", I mumble, but he's already gone. I take a quick shower and change into the clothes. Black sweatpants and a baggy white T-shirt, again. I roll the top of the sweatpants up and tie the shirt, making it a crop top.

Someone knocks on my door as I'm finishing my makeup. "Yeah?"

"Good morning, miss.."

"Morgan", I say, applying mascara, sitting on the floor in front of a full length mirror.

"Morgan. I just came to let you know that we can leave whenever you're ready", the man says.

"Okay, thanks", I stand up, turning to face the man. "What's your name?"

"Jon", he says. He looks like your typical uncle.. if that makes sense.

"I'll be down in a minute".

I walk downstairs after fixing my hair and texting my family. "Jon?"

"Yeah?" He turns around from the couch.

"Well, I was wondering, could I go by myself?" I ask, sheepishly.

"Romeo specifically asked for a guard to go with you", he mentions.

"Why?" I ask, despite knowing why. We're in the mafia, we have enemies everywhere. However, what he doesn't know is that I can handle myself.

"Just.. reasons", Jon says.

"Please?" I ask. "Pleaseee", I whine.

"Okay", he says, hesitantly. "Here's the money and the garage has all the car keys in there", he tells me, handing me a card.

"Yay! Thank you", I grab my phone, running to the garage.

"Oh..my..fucking..g-ah!" The garage door shutting behind me scares the shit out of me. "Woah", I say in amazement. The garage is huge! It has five cars in a horizontal line and one motorcycle. I feel like a kid in a candy store.

The first car is a white Jeep Wrangler, but a nice one, not one that looks like a box.. if you know what I mean. It has black rims and black and white interior.

The second car is a white Bentley continental gt convertible. It has black rims with white outlines and an all black interior.

The third car is a velocity blue gt500 Mustang. It has a black interior, with two blue lines going down the seats, and black rims, with matching blue callipers.