XII

Chapter twelve

•Morgan•

Romeo and I decided that we would go laser tag first, then go karting, and paintballing last because it hurts the most.

I hear the noise, indicating that the game of laser tag has just started. I'm on the blue team, whereas Romeo is on the yellow team. "Hey! We're on the same team", a young girl whines after I shoot her. I quickly hide behind a barrel, hoping no one sees me.

"Hey", someone says behind me, causing me to scream, jumping up. "Got you", I hear the noise, indicating that I'm out. My jaw drops for a second, before Romeo closes it with two fingers. "You'll catch flies", he winks before running off somewhere to finish the game.

"You'll catch flies", I mimic him, walking over to the side.

Once the session finishes, Romeo walks over to me with a stupid grin on his face. "So, do you still think you can beat me, or do we have to go play something else now?" He asks.

"You're so annoying", I groan. "Let's go go karting", I pick up my drink and walk out to the car.

The drive isn't too far; it only takes around ten minutes until we reach the track. Romeo tells me to go sit down while he pays, despite my many objections. "Come on, we need to wear those racing suits", I follow him to a room to pick our sizes.

"Okay, welcome guys. Here we have small, medium and large suits, then you pick your gloves and then helmet", the worker tells us, pointing to each section. He looks quite young, maybe a few years younger than Romeo. "It looks like it's just you two here right now. If you want to wait for more people, there's a group coming in about an hour, or it can just be you two?"

"No, it's fine, it can just be us two", the boy looked scared at Romeos words for a second, before composing himself and nodding, walking out of the room.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot he's a mafia boss.

Shit.

"You ready?"

"Huh? Oh yeah", I go the small section, taking a suit from there and putting it over my clothes, as Romeo goes to the medium section. He's not too tall, more like the average height, around 5"11/6"0, I don't know. I hear him laugh across the room at me, I narrow my eyes at him before looking down at myself. The suit was way too big, almost swallowing me whole.

"You look—", I don't let him finish his sentence, taking the suit off and flipping him the bird. After his laughter dies down, the worker comes back in, asking if we need more time.

"Is there anything smaller than small?" I ask, causing Romeo to burst out laughing again.

"I can get you a kids large?" I nod, waiting for him to bring it in.