XVII

Chapter seventeen

•Morgan•

Everything is back to normal.. almost. It's been two days since the whole kidnapping incident and everyone's been a little on edge. Romeo has been going to the hospital a lot, and so has Josh.

Josh was knocked out by one of the guys, and hidden in a room upstairs, but after a few checks from the doctors, he's perfectly fine.

Max still isn't awake yet. Only Romeo and Josh have been to see him, and his family. Romeo didn't want me to go until he's awake, for some reason. He's been very.. overprotective, if that's how you want to put it. The only way I can go outside is if it's in the backyard, and he's constantly checking my wound to make sure it's not infected, seeing as I refuse to go to the hospital.

"Morning", Romeo says as he walks into the kitchen. I'm sitting at one of the barstools, scrolling through my social media.

"Hey", I chirp.

"I'm gonna head to the hospital. They just called, Max woke up", he grabs an apple.

"I wanna come", I jump off the stool.

"No", he puts hands on my shoulders, stopping me from going anywhere.

"Why?" I whine. "Look, I'm good, I'm okay", I gesture to myself.

"But—"

"Nope, I'm going", I smile. "You're so tall. How tall are you?"

"6'1".

"Wow, I was so wrong", I chuckle to myself.

"How tall did you think I was?"

"5'11", he raises an eyebrow. "I don't know heights", I exclaim, putting my hands up in surrender.

"How tall are you?" He asks.

"5'4", I pout, my head only reaches his shoulders. He chuckles, putting a hand on the top of my head. "Let's go",I push him towards the door. "I'm gonna go get Parker", I run up the stairs, knocking on his door.

"Yeah?"

"Hey, Romeo is finally letting me go and see Max in the hospital, do you wanna come?"

"Um I—I don't know", he trails off, I take a seat across from him on his bed. "I mean, this is all my uncles fault and he might think—what if—what if he thinks that I'm like him? What if he hates me?"

"Parker, don't worry. You were the one who helped us. He won't hate you".

"Really?"

"Really. Now come on, let's go", I stand from his bed, making my way downstairs. "We can go now", I say to Romeo, turning to make sure Parker is following.