XLII

Chapter forty two

•Morgan•

I lean my head back against Romeo's bare chest as we sit in a comfortable silence, the bath water surrounding us now cold.

It's been two days since I spoke to Parker's mom. I haven't heard from her since.

When we went back to the hospital, Megan was crying in her brother's arms while he was desperately trying to calm her down. We switched and I sat with her as she cried, and the boys went to get us some food. We then decided to go back to our house and watch a movie.

Then today, I dragged myself, and Romeo, out of bed and down to the hospital. We sat with Parker for a while before I decided to call Hayley and Ava. They both agreed on hanging out, and of course bought Hayden, Jake and Sam along with them. We went to eat lunch and I told them everything about what's been going on. I then got the gossip on Ava and Max's relationship—which seems to be going exceptionally well, in my opinion—and Hayley and Jake's relationship.

I'm pulled out of my thoughts by Romeo's fingers lightly running up my thigh. He leans his head down to press a kiss to my temple, his face pressed against the side of my cheek. "The water's freezing", he hums. "We should go to bed", I reach out for my phone on the side of the bath, wrapped in a towel, to check the time, 23:41pm.

"Wow, we've been in here for so long", I push myself up, grabbing a towel to wrap around myself as I step out of the tub, throwing one to Romeo on the way. I brush my teeth, keeping the towel wrapped around me before changing into the clothes I had brought in here, consisting of a hoodie and sweatpants. Well, Romeo's hoodie. "Do you think I should've straightened my hair?" I question as I let it fall out of the bun I put it in.

"I think it looks great either way", he pecks my cheek before putting his toothbrush in his mouth as he gets changed into a pair of sweatpants.

"I'm so tired", I whine, sitting on the counter beside the mirror as Romeo cleans his face and finishes brushing his teeth.

Once he finishes, he turns to me with his arms extended. "Come on", he chuckles. I slide forward, slightly, opening my arms like his. He scoops me in his arms, my legs wrapped around his waist as he carries me into the bedroom, laying me down before turning the lights off and crawling in beside me.

"How was your day?" I mumble, almost forgetting to ask.

"I really did not want to go back to work", he grumbles, tightening his grip around my waist. He had to go back to work today because he said, and I quote, 'Max can't run a fucking mafia, he's too soft. He should be a fucking kindergarten teacher'. "But on the bright side, the new recruits are getting better. I can't promise I won't kill one if they throw a knife at me again, though", I chuckle; I feel him smile into the crook of my neck before pressing a light kiss there. "I love you".