IX

Chapter nine

•Romeo•

I groan, rolling over to turn my alarm off. After a while, I eventually decide to get up, turning the shower on.

Once I shower and get ready, I make my way over to Morgan's room. "Morning".

"Hi", she smiles, leaning against her headboard.

"I'm going to work, Will made breakfast", I inform her.

"Okay. Is it okay if Hayley comes round today?" She asks, softly.

"Yeah that's fine. I have to go now, see you later".

I make my way downy to the kitchen, grabbing some breakfast before I leave. "Will", I nod in his direction.

"Morning. I made french toast and pancakes", he informs me, pointing to the two plates on the table. I grab a piece of toast, taking a bite as I leave the house. I jump in my car, making my way to my office.

"Good morning, Mr. Mazzaro. There's someone waiting for you in your office", Gwen, the lady at reception, informs me as I get there.

I furrow my eyebrows. I'm not expecting anybody.

I don't answer her; I simply nod, making my way up to my office.

"Hello, Lucy", Rafael days from my desk.

"Don't call me that. The nickname's Lucifer, you can't make a nickname out of a nickname", I push him out of my seat. "What do you want?" I take a seat as he walks over to the white couch.

"I just want to chat", he shrugs.

"About?"

"Your friend", I furrow my eyebrows, but before I could ask who, he interrupts me. "Morgan, is it?"

"Yeah? What about her?"

"Well, you guys just seem.. close. That's all", he shrugs again. I don't answer. "How did she end up living with you again?"

"She was hurt, so Max helped her and took her to my place to clean her up, then mom said I should let her stay because she had nowhere else to go", well, it wasn't the whole truth. Close enough.

"Yeah, but if you didn't want her to stay, she would be gone by now. Why is she still here?"

"What is this? A fucking interrogation?" I begin to grow angry.