XV

Chapter fifteen

•Romeo•

I'm woken up by a ringing in my room.

The one time I actually sleep...

"Hello?" I answer the phone, checking the time in the process. 2:42am.

"Hey, the train stopped", that sentence makes me jump up, taking all the sleepiness out of me.

"Where? I'm on my way", I say, putting the phone on speaker as I change into a black T-shirt and jeans.

"He's in Kansas", random, but okay.

After I finish getting ready, I rush downstairs, grabbing an apple on the way out. "Hey, Chris? Give me a second and I'll call you back, I need to make a call to make sure my jet is ready".

"No need, I called your assistant and she made sure your jet is ready to go", Chris says.

"Wow, thanks Chris, seriously", I jump in my Lamborghini as none of my drivers work at this time of night... well, morning.

"No problem. He's in a car now, I'm not sure where he's headed but, I'll keep you informed".

"Okay, I'm on my way to the airport. I should be there in the next ten minutes now that there are barely any cars on the road".

After this, the conversation runs slowly. I'm just trying to get to the airport as fast as I can, while Chris is concentrating on the GPS.

"I'm at the airport now, Chris", I tell him as I walk to my plane. "It's like a five hour flight so, I'm gonna take a nap but I'll call back when we land. If anything important happens, give me a call. You should really get someone to fill in for you so you can take a nap too; I'll get them to wake you up when I land".

"Okay, maybe", I hear him yawn, causing me to yawn.

I run over the steps again, making sure he knows what to do before hanging up, and making my way on to the plane. The pilots have already been informed of where we're going, so I go straight to the back room, laying on the bed and falling asleep.

✯✯✯✯

"Hey, we're here", the copilot wakes me up, once we've landed in Kansas.

"Thanks, Eric", I rub my face, trying to wake myself up as I reach for my phone. It rings for a while, until someone answers.

"Hello?"

"Hey, is Chris there?" I make my way off the jet.

"Yeah, let me just go and wake him up. I was keeping an eye on the GPS, it's been stopped for a while in a hotel. You should be able to get there in 30 minutes tops, if you take the back streets", the person on the line tells me. "Here's Chris".