XXXVII

Chapter thirty seven

•Morgan•

Ever since I started working at the coffee shop, I've been getting up early with Romeo, once his alarm rings.

As the alarm goes off, I feel him groan into my stomach before lifting himself up to turn it off, making me cold. "I don't wanna go to work today", he whines.

"It's Sunday. Don't you have Sundays off?"

"I've got a lot to do today", I nod.

"I wonder how Parker's doing", I mumble to myself, mostly.

"See if he can meet you at work today", Romeo rolls off of me, standing up to get in the shower.

"Pass me a sweater please", I ask, pointing toward the closet. He throws me one of his giant hoodies. "I can't wear this to work", I hold it up.

"Why?" He takes one of his white shirts out of the closet, laying it on the bed.

"Because it's huge on me", I stand, walking over to my side of the closet, picking out a black sweater. He chuckles as he walks into the bathroom, starting the shower.

I still haven't forgotten what he said last night.

I mean, he can't.. right? Well, that is the whole point of this mission, for him to fall in love with me, but I think I was secretly hoping it never happened, then I'd never have to go through with it—go through with killing him.

I don't want to.

I really don't want to.

I must've been sitting on the edge of the bed for a while because I hear Romeo walk out and speak to me. "What's wrong?" He kneels in front of me in his suit, wiping the tears that escaped my eyes.

"Hm?" I touch under my eyes, feeling the damp from the tears.

"You were crying", he says, softly.

"Sorry", I shake my head, looking down.

"Don't be sorry", he takes a seat next to me, pulling me in for a hug, pressing my head to his chest. "Why were you crying?"

"It's just that—", I stop and he pulls me onto his lap so I'm straddling him. As I look up at him, I can't stop the tears from flowing. "Why—why did you let me stay here? Why didn't you kick me out?"