II

Chapter two

Morgan

I open my eyes, slowly adjusting to the brightness as the sun peeks through my window. I grab my phone, checking the time, before deciding to get up and get dressed.10:49. I should have enough time to get ready.

I trudge to my bathroom, starting the shower as I grab my towel. I stayed up pretty late last night; I was too busy thinking about what could happen today.

I get dressed in a sleeveless, black crop top and ripped jeans, tying my brunette, wavy hair into a ponytail. Once I'm ready, I make my way downstairs to grab something to eat before I have to leave for the gym. "Morning, Kerry", I say as I enter the kitchen.

"Good morning, Morgan. What can I get for you?" She says, as she places the cloth on the counter.

"Do you mind grabbing me a bowl, please?" I point to the cabinet behind her, despite her knowing where everything is already. I thank her as she passes it to me while I grab some cereal.

As I finish it, I place my bowl in the sink before walking into the hall. "Michael!" I yell.

"Yes?" He walks out of my father's study.

"I need you to drive me somewhere in", I check my wrist.. with no watch on it. "Roughly twenty minutes".

"Okay", he nods. "And, your father wants to see you". I smile at him, and walk into my fathers office.

"Hey", I stand opposite his desk. "What do you need?"

"Are you ready for today?" He closes his laptop and looks up at me.

"If you're asking if I've got a plan, yes I have". I explain my plan to him in detail, making sure I don't miss any specific parts he should know about.

"This is why you're the leader of the Rivero's", he smiles, proudly.

"Okay, I gotta go. I might not be back for a while so... goodbye", I hug my father before rushing out to find the rest of my family.

I run upstairs into Ellie's bedroom. Her room is the opposite of mine; bright, colourful and clean, whereas mine is dark, colourless and messy. "Ellie", I say, walking into her room.

"Yeah?"

"I'm leaving now, and I might not be back for a while.. if this goes well". I hug her. "So goodbye", she bids me goodbye, then I make my way over to Gabe's room.

"Gabriel! Come and say bye to me", I knock on his door.

"Ugh! No, go away", he groans from inside.

"I'm gonna be gone for a while", I say, walking into his room.

"If this goes well.. which, it might not", I playfully scowl at him.